V-Twin Forum banner

man i screwed myself over

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  bigblock455 
#1 · (Edited)
bike was running good so i had to screw with it. put a chrome top on the carb now it runs like ****. rich and just feels flat:spank:

#2 ·
check the rubber diaphram. You may have not seated it correctly. Worst case is you have a slight tear in it. FIrst take off the air cleaned and rev while in nuetral. While revving see if the slide moves up and down. Dont look directly in the carb incase it backfires. If it doesn't go up and down with the revs shut it down and see if it goes up with finger smoothly. Good luck. If it had a small tear, that will be 40.00 at the dealer. Check to make sure the spring is seated correctly as well...

#9 ·
Kenhorse, same exact sh*t just happened to me! I have a EG Classic. Chrome cover install, bike runs like crap, runs flat, won't accelerate at high RPMs, etc. I got some great help from the guys on the touring threads, I guess I'm going to get a new rubber diaphram.

#11 ·
I've fixed one with super glue. It held for a few weeks until a new one could be bought. I think it was the thicker super glue, maybe called gel??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.