1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man found dead in fire; motorcycle seen as cause
2002-04-24
Enid Bureau

STILLWATER -- A Harley Davidson motorcycle parked in a home's kitchen may have cause a fire that killed a man, investigators said Tuesday.
Richard Cooper, spokesman for the state fire marshal's office, said investigators think the fire at a rural home southeast of Stillwater started in the kitchen, with the motorcycle as a possible cause. However, they had not made a final determination Tuesday, he said.

Payne County Sheriff Carl Hiner said the fire started early Monday morning, and investigators found the body at noon. Cooper said the body was face up near the front door.

Hiner said investigators think the dead man was the home's occupant but did not release his name because they had not made a positive identification.

The fire nearly consumed the small rental house and its contents, including the motorcycle, Cooper said.

Hiner said the fire doesn't appear suspicious

·
Registered
629 Posts
Could be worse, it wasn't a Fiero.

·
Registered
79 Posts
here here. i'll get this round
:(

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Come on fellas! For all we know the bike was in the kitchen cause the dude stole it from a good man.

I think I will wait to tip one in his direction until I get some more facts.

Course that won't stop me from tippin one for GP, Hell it is Thursday afterall!

·
Registered
985 Posts
If I were to keep mine in the house, I would put it in the den, sit on it and watch the Travel Channel.

·
Registered
684 Posts
JimmyK, your response reminds me of a joke that I heard years ago . . .

This old wino was on his death bed and was telling his wino friend that he had one last request. With tears in his eyes, his wino friend said, "Sure buddy. What can I do for you?".

The dying wino asked, "If it's not too much trouble, will you pour a bottle of wine over my grave after I'm gone?".

His friend thought about it for a second and said, "Sure, but you won't mind if passes through my bladder first, will you?" :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts