V-Twin Forum banner

Makin popcorn

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Southern_Son 
#1 ·
I have a 96 Sporty 1200 Evo bike that has developed a miss that I have had a hard time nailing down. The bike seems to run fine on the road no power loss that I have noticed, but when I back the bike down it pops. I've checked the timing ruled out the voes switch checked the coil, plugs and wires are new. Have not had any probs. with the battery but haven't put a volt meter on it. I know an intake or carburetor leak will also cause back firing and poor idling but would you notice a power loss if this was the case? One other thing, I haven't messed with the carb so it's still factory set . Any replies would be really appreciated the summers are too short to be working on it.

#4 ·
You might try to enrichen the mixture screw another 1/4 turn or so out. If it still pops, turn it out a little more. However, the trick with the wd40 first is probably the best thing at this point. No need to enrichen the mixture while trying to compensate for an air leak.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.