V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, many of you support Bush's **plan** in Iraq but yet you disagree with his inaction and permissive attitude on illegals. Can anyone explain this?

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
#1. He is the President and we're at war. He deserves support. I personally consider any other postion to be giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

#2. I prefer him over John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, Barak Obama, Fidel Castro, and Nikita Khrushchev, Karl Marx, and Neville Chamberlain.

#3. I have no doubt that he is doing the best he can in extremely difficult circumstances. He has chosen a path that is in the best of interest in the long-term security of this country. A path recently realized by Germany, Saudi Arabia and France. The narrow gate is never the easy or popular one.

#4. I believe it was high time this country asserted its soverignty and distanced itself from the appeasers in Europe. That is the Rice doctrine, something that Bush understands and acts upon. I believe we needed to assert that being the enemy of the US is a dangerous position to be in. So long as GWB is in office, no one doubts that fact.

#5. There IS an axis of evil, and it's time somebody had the ballz to say so. (See today's news). I'm tired of this touchy-feely "I'm ok, you're ok" B.S. Any doubt about that ended on 9/11. It was time to kick some ass and Bush was man enough to do it.

#6 And most importantly please read the quote below, something too many democrats have clearly forgotten.

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Fred1369 said:
Seriously, many of you support Bush's **plan** in Iraq but yet you disagree with his inaction and permissive attitude on illegals. Can anyone explain this?
The democrats overwhelming supported the last immigration plan supported by Bush, but overwhelming don't support him on the war. Can you explain that?

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
you are not implying are you?

DJW said:
#1. He is the President and we're at war. He deserves support. I personally consider any other postion to be giving aid and comfort to the enemy.
DJW American do not have to support the President in all his actions least they be considered treasonous for failing to do so. That was part of the old Chinese MAO practice: join us or die. The ability to not have to follow the leader over the cliff is one of the things that separates the US from the un-free world.

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
from memory, no cheating

Let the word go forth from this time and place to friend and foe alike that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans. Born in this century, tempered by war, disciplined by a hard and bitter peace, proud of our ancient heritage, unwilling to witness or permit the slow undoing of those human rights. Let every nation know, wether they wish us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, suffer any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to insure the survival and success of liberty.

I may be off by a few words. I was sitting in history class my sophomore year when the news came on about the shooting in Dallas.

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
toybox99615 said:
DJW American do not have to support the President in all his actions least they be considered treasonous for failing to do so. That was part of the old Chinese MAO practice: join us or die. The ability to not have to follow the leader over the cliff is one of the things that separates the US from the un-free world.
Not supporting the President to the point where it kills American Soldiers is treason. You had your vote (twice) to select a President, and so did the rest of the country. Congress had it's vote to authorize the war. It's one thing to question tactics and a whole other to unilateraly declare defeat. IMO its a sad state of politics and has nothing to do with "supporting" the President.

People's memories in this country are good....but short.

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Fred1369 said:
Let the word go forth from this time and place to friend and foe alike that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans. Born in this century, tempered by war, disciplined by a hard and bitter peace, proud of our ancient heritage, unwilling to witness or permit the slow undoing of those human rights. Let every nation know, wether they wish us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, suffer any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to insure the survival and success of liberty.

I may be off by a few words. I was sitting in history class my sophomore year when the news came on about the shooting in Dallas.
So you memorized it, but can you apply it to the current situation?

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Fred1369 said:
I'm with you Fred, impeach the bastard.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
DJW said:
People's memories in this country are good....but short.
Peoples memories are conveniently as short or long as they need/wish them to be...but never would I call them good...by the time they've decided which way they want the wind to blow them they no longer even understand the reasoning and you can't count rhetoric as memory, it's just pablum by habit!

When we ALL voted for the war we NEVER thought we'd be headed into this quagmire nor was our vote necessarily a vote of support for Bush...but most of us have taken a second look at the screwball at the helm of this drifting ship and memory notwithstanding we have found him dearly wanting for leadership skills!!!

No matter, most of the damage is done...it won't be many more years before we are using the "Amero" for currency and looking to our rich neighbor to the south for support because we are unable to manufacture, produce, ship, invent or compete in world trade.

·
<><
3,971 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
Peoples memories are conveniently as short or long as they need/wish them to be...but never would I call them good...by the time they've decided which way they want the wind to blow them they no longer even understand the reasoning and you can't count rhetoric as memory, it's just pablum by habit!

When we ALL voted for the war we NEVER thought we'd be headed into this quagmire nor was our vote necessarily a vote of support for Bush...but most of us have taken a second look at the screwball at the helm of this drifting ship and memory notwithstanding we have found him dearly wanting for leadership skills!!!

No matter, most of the damage is done...it won't be many more years before we are using the "Amero" for currency and looking to our rich neighbor to the south for support because we are unable to manufacture, produce, ship, invent or compete in world trade.
You don't have a lot of faith, do you. Yeah, you WERE for the war until things started getting rough, then you turned on our Commander in Chief and the whole concept of a war. What, you only want to fight until it gets ugly? For shame.

Worried about our place of financial world leadership? Why, because the dollar is a bit low while we have the weight of the world on our shoulders fighting the good fight? Again, turning tail when the going gets rough.

Not me boy. I'm in this all the way. I believe in the hard task that must be done, both financially and militarily. And I believe in AMERICA and the DOLLAR.

DJW is SPOT ON!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
PR3VS56 said:
Not me boy. I'm in this all the way. I believe in the hard task that must be done, both financially and militarily.
Not me boy, I used to be but I changed my mind. It's just not worth it anymore, we need to back out as gracefully as we can and let them blow themselves up.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
PR3VS56 said:
You don't have a lot of faith, do you. Yeah, you WERE for the war until things started getting rough, then you turned on our Commander in Chief and the whole concept of a war. What, you only want to fight until it gets ugly? For shame. Shame on you for assuming, where did you get that idea I didn't still think we were right about our intentions, if not the lies (but it can often be viewed as intelligent to change positions when it's obvious you've made a mistake)...I still support both our solders and the intent of the war...but what it's turned into is anther subject altogether!!!

Worried about our place of financial world leadership? Why, because the dollar is a bit low while we have the weight of the world on our shoulders fighting the good fight? Again, turning tail when the going gets rough. You like portraying those that don't share your views as cowards don't you...it often takes a lot more bravery to really SEE where things are headed...which BTW also requires action rather than accepting the status quo and sitting on our hands...

Not me boy. I'm in this all the way. I believe in the hard task that must be done, both financially and militarily. And I believe in AMERICA and the DOLLAR. If I didn't believe in this country I wouldn't be so concerned...so beat your breast some more in some Patriotic fever and get a warm fuzzy that you put some perceived commie bast*rd in his place...based wholly on assumptions when if you REMEMBER I've often sided with you on these same issues...just not in defense of Bush...

DJW is SPOT ON!!!!!!

Now...what again was your point...

I was pointing out that both the public AND our politicians have short, convenient and not very good memories and if we don't watch our actions English will be a second language...now I don't really believe that will come to pass but I do have the courage to identify the issues and do something about it however small...rather than be a complete blowhard on these forums I write my representatives long and often...

·
<><
3,971 Posts
swmnkdinthervr, I apologize if I misread you.

Now, to the point. Rumsfeld took us one direction, which, had early success, but needed change as we learned more about the enemy. Petraeus is using a different approach. It's military strategy and tactics. Change, adapt, but don't just give up. The overwhelming majority of our casualties are from ied's. We're working on that in many ways. We're also expanding our intelligence database, learning more and more about our enemy, gaining allies, and I believe we will bear fruit from these efforts. I'm nowhere near giving up.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
cwo2lt said:
Not me boy, I used to be but I changed my mind. It's just not worth it anymore, we need to back out as gracefully as we can and let them blow themselves up.
I unfortunately share your view...ithe way I see it if we leave now there will be chaos...if we leave later we will be broke and even less respected (or feared) and still there will be the same chaos...

Why the f*ck couldn't we have just stepped on the bug and gotten the he!! out while everyone still feared us...

·
<><
3,971 Posts
These cs towel heads have convinced you all that we can't win? Just like that?? Against.... THEM???!! :nunu:

Yeah, pull out. Good idea. They will cry VICTORY for generations!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then what will you do/say?

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
PR3VS56 said:
swmnkdinthervr, I apologize if I misread you.

Now, to the point. Rumsfeld took us one direction, which, had early success, but needed change as we learned more about the enemy. Petraeus is using a different approach. It's military strategy and tactics. Change, adapt, but don't just give up. The overwhelming majority of our casualties are from ied's. We're working on that in many ways. We're also expanding our intelligence database, learning more and more about our enemy, gaining allies, and I believe we will bear fruit from these efforts. I'm nowhere near giving up.
IF what Petraeus is doing is actually working and we have even a slim hope of regaining respect in the world then I say finish the task...but we have a tough time trusting the info that comes out of this administration even from the military...

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
PR3VS56 said:
These cs towel heads have convinced you all that we can't win? Just like that?? Against.... THEM???!! :nunu:
Not at all...so far we've beaten ourselves...done a pretty good job of it too...and it doesn't look like we have a great deal of hope in turning it around...no other military force has ever beaten us!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts