V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i,m, new on this forum, i,m from spain and i have some ask for all people who want help to me.
I have a FLHRCI 2002, and i put a new scream eagle on my bike, but i don,t like the sound of it, my question is :

can i make holes on it? have any problem for my Twin Cam machine or efi system?

Thanks in advance and sorry, sorry for my bad english....

P.D. : congratulations for the forum.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Once you put the Screamin Eagles on the bike you should also have the fuel injection reset... Running a wide open exhaust without any back pressure could effect the fuel mixture and cause some plug fowling... Your english is pretty good... I understood everything you wrote..

Never heard of putting extra holes in Screamin Eagles... Seems like such a waste to do that.... I would punch out the restrictor disk on the "stock" mufflers before messing up the Screamin Eagle Mufflers..

Merry Christmas and welcome to out little forum...
Doug

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Your not going to get much better sound from the S/E pipes. As long as you do not add a S/E air cleaner the stock EFI is fine. The bike would run better with a EFI reflash but the factory setting will handle new S/E pipes. Better pipes that flow more would need a EFI reflash.

I have heard of people drilling the S/E baffles holes bigger, this will make the pipes louder and flow more then needing a reflash if none was ever done.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much to all , i make the holes and tell you what happen...

Thanks again and merry Christmas too.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello to all again, i,m talk with my mechanical and say to me is no good make holes to my Road King Classic, because the exhaust have a sond lambda ,and with this holes the ignition can make it crazy.
I don,t make it and go with the same sound :-(

Best regards

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Tome su tiempo, espera hasta que usted puede comprar silenciadores
nuevos y después cambiarlos.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Jimmy, your such a show off.:D J.T.

·