V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Years ago I was scooting down the road doing about 45 when this A-hole pulled out in front of me and I t-boned him right in the side. I flew over his car and hit the pavement rolling. I don't know how long I was out but when I woke up people were standing over me asking me if I was alright. Tha ambulane came and rushed me to the hospital and I suffered a mild concussion (I wasn't wearing a helment), broken leg, chipped elbo, and a severe herniated disc in my lower back. On the bike the front end was totaled and the frame was tweeked. Insurane paid for everything, I got the bike running and after 3months of rehab I was riding again. The first time I got back on the bike this little old lady pulled out in front of me and I almost took a dump in my pants. Talk about scared. All I could think of was man here we go again.
Now a days I am alot more cautious and not nearly really afraid when someone pulls out in front of me just pissed . I know how to handle the situation and know what the results can be. Thats what years of riding experience teaches ya.

·
Registered
297 Posts
That is my biggest fear when riding in traffic. I'm always thinking that the other guy doesn't see me and will pull out in front of me. Hasn't happened to me yet, close calls, but now actual accidents.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Two close calls last night. Nearly **** my pants. First involved a vehicle crossing a major artery for a left turn, blocking the left lane and a portion of the middle lane where I am behind a car. I sense a vehicle in the right lane (blind spot) aside of me. There is a car in the left lane who spots the car blocking the lane and immediately moves to our lane in front of the other. No big deal! All of a sudden I hear screaching tires from the left lane aside of me and sensing a car on my right, I figure left lane is going to run me over to avoid hitting the blocking car. I'm trapped! Luckily he had enough room.
Second, I'm behind two vehicles on the on ramp of the freeway. Around here, most on ramps become off ramps too! Moving along, the car in front of me immediately jumps into the right lane which I do too, and then he goes into the middle and I stay put. I see a car in the mirror coming up behind me in the middle lane when I looked back, the front car was taking over my lane as she was running out of on ramp lane. I began frantically yelling, "Hey. hey, hey!" Her windows were down and she heard me. Another time I had no where to go. Went home immediately and counted my lucky stars. Strike three was looming around the corner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts