V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me any info/ opinions about the Madison, lake Oconee area of Georgia as far as being a nice retirement place? Looking for easy going [but not boring] friendly small town life, affordable waterfront property with mild climates ..and ,of course, good riding!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
can't tell ya about down there, but way up ne ga is great for retirement. i'm
just north of mt. airy and housing is pretty cheap. biggest town is gainesville and thats 29 miles sw of me.:blink:

·
Registered
137 Posts
my bud's parents had a lake house on oconee. beutiful place, man made lake so it's always high. great fishing, very nice scenery. but it's an expensive place to live on the waterfront. lot's of million dollar homes there. there are a few in hundred thousands, but the lake is getting crowded, so the property is sky rocketing. they sold it 2 years after building it and made $115K PROFIT in 2 short years.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Madison GA

I have an office in Madison. Very quite, historical city. Lake Oconee is nearby with excellent fishing and a couple of nice golf coarses. The lake level varies less than 4" year round. The lake is a little dingy on the Madison side but is clear on the eastern side. The lakefront lots and housing are not cheap by any means. Lots are $40,000 up and houses on good deep water are $250,000 to over a mil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts