V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While servicing my battery I noticed the previous owner had failed to install 2 special washers. Battery was decent and had good ratings but in my research I found a MADE IN THE USA battery for $10 dollars less, with a coupon, than the Chinese battery he had purchased two years ago. Side by side comparison. USA has solid and stout battery terminals. Not sure about the guts of the battery. Proof that we can do better. And for less money to the end user.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Those spacers allow the connectors to tighten to the post without cable interference on the case. Posts on the battery you replaced may have been close enough to the edge of the battery case to not require them.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those spacers allow the connectors to tighten to the post without cable interference on the case. Posts on the battery you replaced may have been close enough to the edge of the battery case to not require them.
not the Chinese battery. They needed the washers. The cables had caved in the battery’s case below the terminals. It needed the spacers to insure a full connection at the post as well as not stoving in battery’s case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
FXDRYDR
V-Twin Forum
V-Twin Harley Davidson forum. Discussion on V-Twin Harley Davidson motorcycles including Dyna, Electra Glide, Softail, Sportster, and more.
Full Forum Listing