V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there have any experience with Maddog roller tip rockers,(twin cam 95) and are they even needed with say for example 570 lift S&S cams. They are priced around 100$ bucks which makes me question the quality a bit. Thanks in advance.

Beauty is just a light switch away TR

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
BVBOB said:
Does anyone out there have any experience with Maddog roller tip rockers,(twin cam 95) and are they even needed with say for example 570 lift S&S cams. They are priced around 100$ bucks which makes me question the quality a bit. Thanks in advance.

Beauty is just a light switch away TR
I can see you are new here. There is a search function, search maddog and i'm pretty sure you'll get some pretty interesting reading and some nice pictures of broken ones...
A site sponser here, GMR Performance (Member HDWRENCH) has some that are reasonably priced and have a lifetime warranty plus best personal customer service anywhere from the man himself. Give him a call.
Yes, it is reccomended to use roller rockers for any lift .550 and above.

·
Addicted to American Iron
460 Posts
There was a good post on RR just yesterday from some very knowledgable folks in this section. I just purchased a set of RR's today from GMR and they were $208 shipped. I have a set of them already running in a hot rod 95ci Fatboy.....no problems. I was told to stay away from Maddog products. $100 extra bucks for GMR RR and a lifetime warranty is cheap insurance compared to a motor.......trust me I know.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I will say this. Saving money buy purchasing import roller rockers is a gamble not worth the risk.
The risk is high, a failure could trash your engine.

·
Nice to ride again :-)
1,802 Posts
My firm belief is if I would not have had S&S or any quality rollers in when my support plate shattered, the rollers would have definitely been destroyed with the plate and I would have had way bigger issues.

Not worth the risk for the money IMHO

·
IronButt
91 Posts
I used Maddogs in my 95 incher for a couple thousand miles with no problems with cams that had 569 lift. (SE258s) Since then I went to a Woods cam with 590 lift and found a deal on Jims rollers so I installed them at that time. If you are looking to save money I'll sell you my used ones but if you are going with very high lift cams spend the money and get a good set of rollers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts