V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I actually work at a HD dealer, and the best slip ons out there right now for the M8 are the S&S MK 45's. Much better sound than SE and Rinehart.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's all in the ear of the beholder. I have not heard either, but my dealer who has heard S&S and RC components says the RC components are far the best pipes for sound on the M8. Asking somebody their opinion about pipes is like asking somebody if they like chocolate or white ice cream. Nobody can tell you what you like. I wish there was some decent away to hear comparisons, YouTube videos are worthless for a sound test. Best way is probably to go to bike night, but there's not many of the M8 out there yet. Good luck!

·
Registered
167 Posts
to Deuce_mc

reading you work at a dealer. could you explain the M8 crankcase vent system, how it works and all? I read it is vented thru the tranny. thanks

·
Registered
389 Posts
I was poking around the Cobra website - and they have a statement that they strongly recommend a tuner with the installation of their slip-on mufflers.

No, don't know about the "other" slip-ons, and can't speculate on Cobra's recommendation.

·
Registered
327 Posts
To keep your warranty with the 2017's the SE Street Tuner is your only option, but there is a Wide Band O2 unit that Screamin Eagle sells just for the 2017 and newer bikes that will tune for all riding conditions live.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Well, I need pipes.

Nobody seems to know what works and what doesn't work.

The dealer has basically told me that they have the only "approved" options that guarantee warranty coverage - and that the pipes that they offer aren't much louder than stock.

HELP !!!

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Well, I need pipes.

Nobody seems to know what works and what doesn't work.

The dealer has basically told me that they have the only "approved" options that guarantee warranty coverage - and that the pipes that they offer aren't much louder than stock.

HELP !!!
Dealers have Demo pipes. try all those first at least then you will have it narrowed down some.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I still like my street Cannons sound wise. I have a set of RCX's and a set of Khrome Werks I've tried. They all sound so much better than Stock. Both the RCX's and Khrome Werks are for sale now

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was at the dealer one day. They had a 2017 FLHX sitting right in front of the parts desk.
it had Kerker slip-ons 1801-1073 mfg. 128-78132. No tuner or other mods. It sounded good.
I put a set of Pythons on my wife's 2017 heritage. They sounded great but they dont make them for the m8. So I am going with the Kerker's on my street glide.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Khrome Werks

I stumbled up on this muffler setup from Khrome Werks. Its for the M-8 uses the stock header and makes the exhaust a 2-1. They call it the "Torque Booster Kit".
50-STATE COMPLIANT 2-into-1 Torque Booster Conversion Kit (Patent Pending)
Anyone have any experience with their products?
Khrome Werks

I stumbled up on this muffler setup from Khrome Werks. Its for the M-8 uses the stock header and makes the exhaust a 2-1. They call it the "Torque Booster Kit".
50-STATE COMPLIANT 2-into-1 Torque Booster Conversion Kit (Patent Pending)
Anyone have any experience with their products?
Khrome Werks makes phenomenal high quality products. They are actually the OEM for Harley. I’ve tried several mufflers on the M8 and in my opinion, the Khrome Werks is far superior due to many reasons.
High quality materials and welds,
Interchangeable baffles to get the sound and performance you want and lastly, great customer support.
I started out with just the slip-ons WITH baffles and then later added the hide away header that goes behind the factory shields.
The biggest difference in sound and performance was realized by replacing the header.
Just my 2c worth. Ride safe everyone.

·
Registered
2017 Street glide - 2006 Dyna FXDI
6 Posts
I see a few different recommendations for slip ons and seen no one has throw TAB performance into the mix, I am running a set of their 4" slash cuts with Zombie baffles on my bike and they are honestly the BEST sounding slip on I have herd for these M8 bikes makes a huge difference and I would recommend them to anyone I listened to hundreds of youtube videos and went to multiple bike nights around me I have herd everything from S&S, rinehart, fuelmoto, freedom, bassani, danmoto, thunderheader, khrome werks, cobra, v&h and on the M8 nothing sounded as good as the TAB slip ons sadly no youtube video you find will do them justice

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm the proud owner of a pair of SVT Boneshaker Extreme 4.5 slipons. Running on my 2019 RK Special along with V&H power duals & Arlen Ness Monster Sucker air cleaner. Boosted my HP & torque nicely with a deep rumble. Have a V&H Fuelpak3 ruling the mixture...smooth as silk with no backfires/popping. Next is a Red Shift 468 cam upgrade with S&S oil pump, collars, etc this winter. Then I'll be forced to go with the Thundermax tuner as thew FP3 don't git er done...)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts