V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
watching for a while. here goes, USED 02 road king, ~18900 miles, black. first oil change (by me) sunday along with trans fluid. manual needs to be more specific on front left for oil (reason i had to change the trans fluid). ordered a VH pro pipe monday (best bang for the buck), a PCIII and a KN air filter. going with a SE housing from a friend who bought a big boar kit but all ready had the air cleaner. CONCERNS... can i tune it PDG (pretty darn good) with out a dyno? L8R i want to get the heads "tweaked" and swap out the cam and i guess go bigger cu.in. while it is down. must remain very reliable, ~9.5 to 1 and make close to 100 ft lbs tq in my mind before i pull the trigger. SPOKES... ugly in 02 but glad i have them. might be my "build or bust" test also (re-lace at home with chrome/stainless)... someday. also, kinda want to add a primary chain tensioner before i change the primary oil, cant be to hard. biggest challange other than tunning will be changing the fork oil, have not read up enough on it. i appriciate all of you guys (and gals..to fold or not). i spend way to much time reading all these post but, WOW what a fast paced jump start to the opinions and facts others have had. ~2K mile in 3 months and have not been out of town, daily driver!!!

POISONIV :coffee:

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Do you have a service manual? If not, grab one. It'll have the details for the forks. Post up often and enjoy.

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I think you can tune it pretty good without the dyno if you are patient and learn to use the PCIII. A dyno will be much better in the long run, but you can do a lot on your own. Sounds like you're not afraid to dive in and get your hands dirty. Search the EFI forum for idears. I think your 02 has a different EFI than 03 and later models.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fourstar, i think i have one of the best engines and a good chassis. i have the delphi inj. some kind of "better" crank bearing support, non cartrige front end and better swing arm bushing than previous years. what i dont have is the good heads that are comming out on the 06 and the light pull clutch (oh well). both can be fixed. thanks for the vote of confidence on the PC. going to have my questions ready and call the tech line and play dumb. then i will post my concerns and learn from the forum tuners. only thing that can go way bad is if the PC quits... gonna be running lean with out a "factory" stage one flash. FIX: shut down the air with? just a thought.

Thanks you guys and lace for the warm welcome.

36 degress today, wool sweater, down vest, carhart jacket, ski mask, ski gloves half helment and a WINSHIELD. not a bad ride. 7 miles, high way all the way. sure need a pair of insulated carhart bib overalls. not ready to be a leather biker. spending money on the GO better stuff.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and........ I JOINED

i can see the pics...

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
If you have the Delphi injection and a laptop, and you like tinkering, look into getting the Screaming Eagle Race Tuner (SERT) instead of the PCIII. You'll probably find a lot more fine tuning can be done with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts