V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted elsewhere as well as here

I have an 06 FLHTCI with the detachable tour pack and would like to know if anybody has a suggestion for securing the Full SAC bag to the passenger seat of the bike. FLHT's used to have the seat rail that worked great to secure the bags. Seems that this has been removed on this years model.

If I try to run the straps back to the signal lights or even through the tour pack mounting support, the straps and buckles are digging into the saddlebags or the tourpack. I am considering installing the invisible stone guard used on the front of cars to the areas of concern but I still doubt that it will prevent damage to the paint.

Has anyone encountered and solved this problem?

NO 49

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Northof49 said:
Posted elsewhere as well as here

I have an 06 FLHTCI with the detachable tour pack and would like to know if anybody has a suggestion for securing the Full SAC bag to the passenger seat of the bike. FLHT's used to have the seat rail that worked great to secure the bags. Seems that this has been removed on this years model.

If I try to run the straps back to the signal lights or even through the tour pack mounting support, the straps and buckles are digging into the saddlebags or the tourpack. I am considering installing the invisible stone guard used on the front of cars to the areas of concern but I still doubt that it will prevent damage to the paint.

Has anyone encountered and solved this problem?

NO 49
Yeah, it's kinda strange too that the instructions for the bag sez to hook it to the bag guards, but when I bought mine in 2002, the straps weren't long enough to hook them there.....I used the grab rail on my '03 but like you say, they (the grab rails) aren't there anymore.....Betcha the MoCo will sell you one tho......for a hefty price......

·
Registered
250 Posts
Passenger Grab Rail # 91583-99 $128.40

By the way, I figured the only reason HD did not put these on the '06 bikes was to squeeze another nickel profit......

So I tried the one from my '00 standard on my '06 Ultra and it fit fine. Bought a new one for the Ultra. The new rail did not fit either bike very well (lousy quality control) but fits '06 Ultra OK with a couple of washers under the bracket to raise it slightly.

This is with the tour pac in the rear position - haven't tried to move the pac to forward position as service manual says pac has to be in rear position to remove the seat ????

·
Registered
362 Posts
Just in case an explanation is needed, Velcro or hook n’ snatch won’t scratch (if you use the snatch side toward the paint). Makes great tie downs for stuff on your bike.

Kenny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts