V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a previous post I mentioned buying a a new chrome sport luggage rack. For my bike it lists having to have the luggage rack adapter kit. Of course the adapter kits are usually never in stock and it wasn't. For this rack the kit is just two spacer plates and four screws that mount the rack to rigid sideplates. The rack already comes with the longer screws so if you do not have the kit you can just use washers as spacers since they do not show when mounted. It's hard if not impossible to hold them in place when inserting the screws so i just used contact adhesive to hold them while i inserted screws. It can be left this way or replaced with the $10 spacers if you choose. Just thought I'd mention this and let you decide your options if it confronts you.

Later,

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Several years ago I installed a luggage rack on my FXR. I recall the experience being pretty much an agonizing pain. Based on the posts I just read, the adventure continues!!! From FXR to FXD.

You would think that installing a luggage rack would be no big deal. Well, maybe for some folks it's no big deal. Unfortunately, I'm not one of that group. :( I suspect there are some members snickering right now, depending on whether they had a good or bad experience installing their luggage racks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts