V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with these pipes? I'm looking to add to my bike and it's alittle confusing with all the manufacturers out there. Kind of stuck between the Thunderheaders and LSR 2-1's.
Thanks

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm wondering how they sound on a dresser? Looks like they might be a little loud for the passenger?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gnarl78
I don't think they would be that bad.
Of course I don't know. I do want the deep throaty sound though, also I want pipes that will be worth the money. Since it is a investment. I can't seem to get a response from this or other forums in regards to these pipes. There must not be many riders using them. Which could be a plus. :banana: For a bagger, their 2-1 looks alot nicer than other setup's I've seen.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just orderd one for my Dyna last week. Just do a search for RB Racing and you'll get some info. It was enough for me to order one instead of a TH.

Check out their site and read up. http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/

I think it's gonna be reall sweeeeet on my bike instead of these Samsons.:Banadance

·
Registered
29 Posts
i'd be glad to give ya some info....if mine ever come in!!!

been 8 weeks yesterday...been in contact [regularly]
when i ordered mine, the didnt even have a bike[06 dyna] to mock pipes up to...
now the 1st batch is @ the chromers....so, i'm still playing the waiting game

supposedly, mine are the 1st set theyve done for an 06 street-bob [lsr 2-1 turnouts]
im just soooo freakin' tired of these stock pipes...cant wait to hear what my bike's supposed to sound like!
i'll post pics and video when they come in!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
metal-mike,
Congrad on your pipes, sorry they are taking so long to come in. I can't wait to see the pics and read what you have to say about them. Of course if I go this route, I know it would be approx. 2 to 3 months for them to come in. Actually, with the weather turning bad here, I might get them just in time.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
I think the made to order, so you're going to wait nuissance is what turns so many off to the RB racing pipes. I've heard the lament about the wait times in virtually every case of someone ordering them. If that doesn't do it, the price level for such a long wait usually does.

I know ViennaHog had one on his bike and took it off in favor of a V&H ProPipe.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
I just got mine last week for my 05 Deluxe. Took them about 6 weeks to turn around. The pipes look great but I had a few issues with the fit of the front pipe. Also, don't expect any instructions. I had to cut and paste things off their web site to get what was available. Even with that I had to call out there several times to get the things on. They didn't tell me when I ordered the pipes that I needed new exhaust flange brackets but I did find the Harley part number I needed on their web site (you pretty much have to read that whole long page). I've only fired the thing up once so far as I got them on just as a big snow storm hit, I hope to get time this afternoon to SERT re-map the bike, fire it up again and get some photos. I went with these pipes because I read a lot of good stuff about them on this site and several folks posting indicated they were not too loud. Well after hearing them the first time I feel those folks need to get their ears checked. They are way loud! The guy who lives across the street used to have a 67 vette with straight side pipes on it (I think it had a 427 in it). These pipes remind me of that.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
vharrig said:
Does anyone have any experience with these pipes? I'm looking to add to my bike and it's alittle confusing with all the manufacturers out there. Kind of stuck between the Thunderheaders and LSR 2-1's.
Thanks
I was talking with them at one time about EFI. Didn't know they did exhaust. Guy went ballistic when I asked a question about exhaust. I would weld up my own before buying any from them. And I don't know how to weld. One of the nice things about HDs is that there are many choices. Some are good to work with and then others are #$% &#$%. The ones that are good to work with will get my money.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Excellent pipes. Quality couldn't be better in my experience. I have 2-1s, B, ceramic, for my Deuce 97", cams, etc. Took a big dip out of the torque curve of my former pipes. They aren't quiet, but I don't think they are inordinantly loud, compared to what is out there. Idle is quiet, if you happen to be sitting at a stop light beside popo. And they are unique on the street;not many out there.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I would say that they are loud for a 2-1. A lot of the barking zoomies out there make much more noise. Wouldn't trade mine though. They have a unique note. Doesn't matter how many are coming down the road the wife can pick out mine.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
The LSR 2-1 pipe on my 'Train are much quieter and better sounding than the V&H pipes on my Heritage. I haven't put enough miles on the 'Train to get the SERT done yet, so I really can't comment on performance issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tex,
I thought you always had to do some A/F setup, your running them with a stock setup. Interesting....
I'm thinking of the TFI, becuse SERT is expensive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
RB Racing LSR 2-1 exhaust

I ordered a set for a new '06 RoadKing Custom due in mid March. I also heard of the long lead time so I ordered them in late January...we'll see. I came on to post a thread on which map to use for the Power Commander, so I thought I would jump in on this. PC doesn't have a map for these pipes and a screamin eagle air cleaner.

Can anyone tell me which map they used to set these pipes up with an EFI? Power Commander told me today to just try a map that they have for some kind of free flowing pipe like thunder headers but I thought I would throw this out there to those who set these up already.

Of course RB Racing wasn't much help. They always maintain that these pipes will not limit the performance that can achieved by the proper tuning and that's it. You're on your own.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
I do get some popping on decel since I haven't done the SERT (or other recalibration). I've got a new intake system I'm waiting to put on right before going on the dyno. A couple decent day rides and it'll be time.......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.