V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know this jas been asked before, but I am trying to get an idea of how loud the LSR-1s are. I currently have V&H staggered bid shots, which are somewhat loud. How do the LSR-1 compare to this pipe or others. My engine had been modded (98 cuin, cams, heads), and would like to go with the LSR-1s if they aren't any louder than the pipes I have.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
DrumScum said:
I'm not familiar with the V&H, but the LSR pipe will get attention when you get on it...

agreed. they can be loud but a few have said that they aren't as loud as some others.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
It's been a while since I've heard the V&H BSS's but as I recall them and compare to my LSR, they have two very different sounds. The LSR has the sound characteristic of a 2:1, by that I mean. Pipe loudness and a person's sensitivity or tolerance of it, is highly subjective. The way I describe my LSR's is, they have a deep idle rumble and with a built motor have a nice pop in the note. In cruise they have that 2:1 collector burble sound that is much easier on the ears than my Python 3's were. When I whack the throttle, the LSR's really come alive and sound like an open header on a small block chevy at the races.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
totenkoph. I see you got the "C" style. I can't really decide between the C and B. Any regrets with the C. I also was thinking when I first started looking at them that I would get the slash cut, but the more I look, I'm thinking the turn out with 45 degree down. Did you get the heat shields?

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
whoop72 said:
totenkoph. I see you got the "C" style. I can't really decide between the C and B. Any regrets with the C. I also was thinking when I first started looking at them that I would get the slash cut, but the more I look, I'm thinking the turn out with 45 degree down. Did you get the heat shields?

Take a closer look on the website. I think that the rear header pipe on the "C" pipes have an extra bend around the cam chest. This is supposedly better for generating more torque, perhaps at the expense of horsepower. It may explain it there somewhere. Read carefully before you buy. Those pipes are damn expensive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just got my lsr and LOVE IT!!!. the sound is great better then any 2-1 I've
hear(V&H,Thunderheader). It has a nice low pitch. When you snap the throtle
it responds. And no popping on release and down shifts. the only advise I can give is GET IT.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Its easy for me to leave boot rash on my B pipe. I'll live with it though.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
whoop72 said:
No regrets at all!! to me the C is aesthetically beautiful and the correct system for my bike.

It's been a while since I read the entire RB Racing site but the main reason I got the C style was because it was the correct fit for a bike with floorboards AND the front and rear primary tubes are essentially equal length to the collector. 25" for the front tube and 23" for the rear but the rear has more bend angle degrees making it a tad longer essentially.

The B style as I recall is for Dyna's and the pipes are pretty unequal in length.

In speaking with Bob on the tech line(he's the designer) he said my C style starts to really begin to work as designed between 2500 - 3000rpm and is very low restriction above that. He said that the pipe will not be the limiting factor in the performance. The key is to find the right combination that works with it. That's what I'm working on right now. Read post #140 in the link..... http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61006&page=10

Lunker, the LSR C style in chrome is $445, the shields are another $150. You don't really need the shields for quite awhile as they just turn a nice golden color up by the head. I finally installed the primary tube shields and they look fabulous. Never have installed the collector shield because the collector looks like a work of art. I find the price in line for the quality, these are by far the nicest pipes I've ever seen in terms of build quality.

I've actually been chased down on the street by folks that wanted to know what pipe this is because of the look and the sound. That speaks for itself.

Lastly, the 45* turn on the tip is going to cost me 1 to 3hp, if I had it to do over again, I would probably get the slash cut for the straight flow. Hindsight is 20/20.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
FXD DAVE said:
I just got my lsr and LOVE IT!!!. the sound is great better then any 2-1 I've
hear(V&H,Thunderheader). It has a nice low pitch. When you snap the throtle
it responds. And no popping on release and down shifts. the only advise I can give is GET IT.
Dave - I'm going to get around to ordering one for my FXDL - which one did you get? Any Pics?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I have boards on my Train with the B pipe. 1 1/2' spacer on the right board.

·
Registered
20 Posts
PWS

I have the 1 3/4" c style slash cut w/heat sheilds.The 2" is for 95" and up.
No pic yet. I haven't done the high flow and remap yet but already notice
some extra power. I could not be any happier with this pipe.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Totenkopf said:
Lunker, the LSR C style in chrome is $445, the shields are another $150. You don't really need the shields for quite awhile as they just turn a nice golden color up by the head. I finally installed the primary tube shields and they look fabulous. Never have installed the collector shield because the collector looks like a work of art. I find the price in line for the quality, these are by far the nicest pipes I've ever seen in terms of build quality.

I've actually been chased down on the street by folks that wanted to know what pipe this is because of the look and the sound. That speaks for itself.

Lastly, the 45* turn on the tip is going to cost me 1 to 3hp, if I had it to do over again, I would probably get the slash cut for the straight flow. Hindsight is 20/20.
That's a good price for those pipes. I may b confusing them with some other by the same company, but I'd swear I'd seen LSR pipes for around $900. Maybe I saw a different application or perhaps they're producing them in bigger numbers now and the cost went down. Anyway, they do look sharp. I'm partial to the black ones.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
i have read several post by people claiming how expensive RB pipes are and the only one that are way out there are the "Black Holes" the rest seem to be in line with most other brands with the highest ones being around $599. the pipes i bought were listed at $445 and if i remember right with shipping i paid just at $400.

love the pipes, the way they look and how they perform. the change really made a difference for my bike.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Where's the best place to purchase these pipes? I've only found 2 places on the net and one was dealer direct.
Thanks! :D

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Tx_Outlaw said:
Where's the best place to purchase these pipes? I've only found 2 places on the net and one was dealer direct.
Thanks! :D
I called the 2 places I found on the net,NallinRacing and some biker discount place and they said that they won't sell LSR pipes because of waiting 7+ months for delivery.So I called RBRacing and ordered the pipes.They said that they are made to order and will take 3 to 4 weeks.$455 not including their gaskets,nuts and shipping.Been 3 weeks so I'll call in a couple days.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
i bought mine thru Road Dog Cycle down in california. they set up the account for my order being it was the first one for them. they were not impressed with the turn around time but i already knew it would take awhile being it was for a shovelhead, so be patient, though according to RB they were trying to get ahead of the orders on pipes for evo and tc motors.

you might even call some of the sponsers on this site to see if they have an account or are willing to set one up to get you the pipes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
RB Racing LSR 2-1 Exhaust

whoop72 said:
Okay, I know this jas been asked before, but I am trying to get an idea of how loud the LSR-1s are. I currently have V&H staggered bid shots, which are somewhat loud. How do the LSR-1 compare to this pipe or others. My engine had been modded (98 cuin, cams, heads), and would like to go with the LSR-1s if they aren't any louder than the pipes I have.
I've got a LSR Pro Stock B-style (no baffle) in black on my FXDX. Performance is great but it is exceptionally loud, even at idle. Just put a regular LSR 2-1 C-style (with baffle) in chrome on new SE Fatboy. So far so good. The regular LSR 2-1 is quite a bit quieter than the pro stock pipe. I've used RB Racing exhausts for years and think they are excellent. Yes, they are slow to deliver but worth the wait. Good luck with whichever you choose.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My friend knows the owner, got mine in 1 day(sorry if I got the one's you were waiting for). He got the blackhole's for his Roadglide, alot queiter then the lsr's but a hot looking pipe.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
truck95 said:
I called the 2 places I found on the net,NallinRacing and some biker discount place and they said that they won't sell LSR pipes because of waiting 7+ months for delivery.So I called RBRacing and ordered the pipes.They said that they are made to order and will take 3 to 4 weeks.$455 not including their gaskets,nuts and shipping.Been 3 weeks so I'll call in a couple days.
Looks like they just jumped the price by $50 - that's what I get for waiting!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts