V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, i want to replace my pullback risers with 4" straights . i also wanted to put drag bars on but it looks like i would have to use the pull back risers. so my question is if i use the straight risers with the stock bars would i be able to adjust them foward a little to get them back to almost where they were. its about 2" thanks in advanced

·
Registered
232 Posts
You may want to consider just changing the bars..H-D makes a model that you can run the wires inside and will bring the bars back a couple of inches..

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi Groucho, by the way my lowrider is the same color.regarding your answer i want to change the pull back risers to straight ones which would pull the grips about 2" away from me. i want to try and get them back or close to where they originally were with straight risers.for some reason i dont like the looks of the pullback risers. thanks ps how do you like the color. i ordered that color sight un seen. i really like it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
FXDL..
May I say you have impeccable taste in Motorcycles....
My arms aren't that long to move em forward...Since stretching my arms or surgery would hurt too much...I'm lookin to move em back..LOL

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi groucho, the same with me. i got short arms. thats why i,m trying to find out if i put the straight risers on can i adjust the handlebars back so they are closer to me.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Well..If I find a fix I'll let you know..(my spring project)..
If you do let me know...
Think Spring!!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
re handle bar risers

hi groucho. i dont know what i,m going to do now.theres a site www.customhandlebars.com that will custom make bars to your specifications.since i want to change my pullbacks to straight that may be the best way to go for me. i went to harley and sat on a bike with straight risers dont remember which model but i could hardley reach the grips. do you or anyone else know if the superglide has straight risers.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
re custom handlebars

thanks boba. very usefull infomation. hey groucho you did read that reply by boba i hope. sorry for the bad info. i had no idea. i almost used them i just never got around to figuring the specs to send to them. these forums are great fellow members helping each other out. thanks again boba. fxdl

1 - 11 of 11 Posts