V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally broke down and put in a pair of progressive shocks that are adjustable for height on my '02 FXST. Lowered the bike down 2 1/2 inches and still could go more. I love the look and the ride is about the same as it was to begin with, perhaps just a little stiffer. I'm not sure that I could put a wide tire kit on this with out raising the rear a little and/or trimming a couple of bolt/nuts on the inside(left) fender wall. Don't want to lower the front--although I realize that this is the latest trend--still like the long front-ends--so I'll leave that stock for now. Anyone else doing this to their bikes?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did it myself, with another guy helping me get the bike up in the air. Took about 30 minutes. Just made sure that I had the correct tools lined up before hand. Was very easy to do.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Yes I lowered my 02 FLSTFI , rear only, ~1.75".
I used the Ness shock extensions though. Way cool.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The progressive shocks are very pricey--over $400. I could have gotton by by just getting a Ness kit or anyother kit out there but I wanted to leave my orginial shocks alone incase I decided to sell them or put them back on. Also helped that I did a little swapping of labor to the guy that I bought the shocks from.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Just The Rear?

You only lower the rear doesn't front look to high then? It just seems you have to lower them both equally. How much are the Ness extensions? Could you tell in the ride was it stiffer ?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like the look of a high front end myself. In fact, I'm thinking of added 2 or 4 inches to the front tubes, but haven't decided just yet. Will probably leave it alone. I thought I would lower the rear first and see how that works.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts