V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally broke down and put in a pair of progressive shocks that are adjustable for height on my '02 FXST. Lowered the bike down 2 1/2 inches and still could go more. I love the look and the ride is about the same as it was to begin with, perhaps just a little stiffer. I'm not sure that I could put a wide tire kit on this with out raising the rear a little and/or trimming a couple of bolt/nuts on the inside(left) fender wall. Don't want to lower the front--although I realize that this is the latest trend--still like the long front-ends--so I'll leave that stock for now. Anyone else doing this to their bikes?

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did it myself, with another guy helping me get the bike up in the air. Took about 30 minutes. Just made sure that I had the correct tools lined up before hand. Was very easy to do.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The progressive shocks are very pricey--over $400. I could have gotton by by just getting a Ness kit or anyother kit out there but I wanted to leave my orginial shocks alone incase I decided to sell them or put them back on. Also helped that I did a little swapping of labor to the guy that I bought the shocks from.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like the look of a high front end myself. In fact, I'm thinking of added 2 or 4 inches to the front tubes, but haven't decided just yet. Will probably leave it alone. I thought I would lower the rear first and see how that works.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.