V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is the best route in lowering my 03' RKC? My local dealer says to go with the Harley touring shock, this will drop the bike about an inch. I am some what scare, because I have read about the ride. They say I can not go with the lowering kit because of the bags. Thanks on any help I can get.

G

·
FWIW,

My 02 SERK comes lowered from the MOCO factory. You might ask what they did to lower it.

All I know is the brochure says "Profile-Low Rear Suspension."

I don't know what that means exactly but I do know it's lower than a stock RK.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You gotta love the Stealerships

The dealers could be more helpfull but they choose not to. The Low Profile HD shocks will drop the rear about 3/4" which when you think about it isn't much. And to do this they want $325 (parts only). But there is an option. TJ Products makes a lowering kit for the road king classic which lets you use the stock shocks. The cost is about $110. They make a 1" and a 1 1/2" drop kit. If you are going to carry a bunch of weight (nice way to describe the old lady) the 1" kit is better so you don't rub the fender. I put his kit on my RK in about 45 minutes and I really like the difference in the ride as well as being able to get my feet flat on the ground.
The link to TJ is below.

http://www.tj-products.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts