V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What inexpencive type lowering kit would work for a 2003 Fatboy. I know there are some for the shocks and swingarms, but not quite sure what to get. Are there any accessories that don't come with lowering kits that I should know about? Your input would be much appreciated,
Carrie

·
Registered
171 Posts
Arlen Ness has a good cheap lowering kit. You can take it back off once you find out how much ride quality suffers. Krooners is the best place to buy ANY Harley parts. (other than factory,if you really want those)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Had the HD 1 inch lowering shocks on my heritage. rode fine. took'em off and put the stock back on.seems like every bike I've lowered the rear only on I tend to be holding on after an hour or two on the highway instead of cruis'n comfortably. the softails sit pretty low as it is. and yes you will wear out your floorboards with it lowered. did put a set of cyclesmith's banana boards (19 inch) on the heritage and they are kick a$$.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I have the Ness kit..worked out fine.
And there is no difference in ride quality before and after.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have the Ness kit also on my 02 fatboy. Lowered the rear by 1.5 inches. In addition I also got the HD front fork lowering kit also. Bike rides and handles perfect. As truckman said though, you will rub the floorboards, but it's a small price to pay :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts