V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just some F.Y.I. 06 tc heritage. bored to 10 over 95, 10.25-1 pistons, port polished heads,s&s 510 geardrive cams. .40 thou head gaskets. 215 psi static comp, couldnt ride it, touch throttle and wiplash, forget putting through the country. had to do something. talked to Fueling about cams, selected 543 cams with some overlap. comp @ 195. could ride her but detonation was still bad. went to 60 thou head gaskets comp at about 175. pleasant to ride now lots of power, but still have detonation some when loaded heavy. i learned that you get1psi per thousandth of head gasket change. at least thats what i got. Be safe bro's...

·
Super Moderator
19,565 Posts
At 10.5 its runable. But in hot weather its going to ping, or you'll need to run less than an optimal spark map. Changeing the piston to head clearance is a bad idea. And you may need to play with the gaskets to get it to the desired spec anyway.

If you want to take them down to say 10.3 or 10.2 you can cut the flat area in the center of the piston. It'll take a 3d model and a super computer to calculate how much. Or a cut and measure the cc's approach. Cut measure, cut measure, repeat until you get the number you need.

Personally I would spend the time and money adding some cooling. And then stock up on fuel booster.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
There is a tuning issue and/or the bike is carbed. The CCP numbers you cited should be fine unless there is oil in the combustion.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I installed these on e few bikes back when I was at the dealership. I loved the way they ran. I go with "install and ride" or "sell and get a different setup". Can't imagine you'll get good results cutting bits off a set that was designed like this.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts