V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Dyna Wide Glide. I´m thinking about replacing the rear shocks with the factory low rear shock kits. My goal is to lower the seat a bit. Anyone have any comments about the pros and cons? I´m particularly concerned about any negatives regarding handling and clearances.

Also, what about appearance? Does it make the bike look noticeably lower, or does it just seemed "jacked up" in the front?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I have 1" lower front and rear and it handles great , and to me looks better, the FXDWG2/3 came that way

·
This space is blank
1,029 Posts
I have the 1" lowering HD shocks. The bike handles better, looks better, and feels more stable when I put my feet down at a stop. I also did the Corbin Classic Solo seat which lowered me about an inch also. The whole combination is great for me.

I can't think of any "cons", seems like the way the bike should have come from the get-go IMHO.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
I'm about 200 lbs, give or take (usually give), and the only con I can think of is scraping the bottom a little more often at entrances to parking lots and such. Mine wasn't lowered, but I had to be pretty careful about that. Most folks like the Progressive shocks a lot better than the H-D offerings, but they'll cost you.

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
Do you ride two-up very often? I lowered my last bike and I loved it. The ride was great, the looks, everything was good. The only prob was my old lady is always jumping on the back and she bitched about the ride all the time. I guess it must get a little rougher on the back seat when you lower the bike.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
My 2001 is lowered with the HD Profile Low shocks made by FOX Racing. Handles great, no clearance problems or any other problems to speak of. The 1 inch makes qiuite a difference in the way it looks. It doesn't seem like it would but it does. If you do the rear...do the front as well....

Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts