V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Fellow on another board just did one for his OL. He cut the fork tubes and remachined the grooves for the retaining rings and cut the springs. He used shorter shocks in the rear. If you want I can give him your e-mail, so you can ask him in detail.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ralph,

lowered my superglide about two years ago. What I did was install progressive suspension's front lowering coil springs in the front forks (2 inch drop) and went to 11 1/2 rear shocks in the rear. I am 5 11" and can now touch the ground flat footed. It also looks cool.

B

·
0 Posts
Bry2403, I assume you mean five foot one inch, not five foot eleven inches, correct? Flatfooting a stock Dyna (even the tallest one, the FXDX) should be nolo problemo at 5'11" ... ;)

B

·
0 Posts
I took about 1-1/2 inches off of my wife's bike by taking off the seatcover and shaving down the foam with an eletric carving knife...

·
Registered
366 Posts
I used a White Brothers rear lowering kit and installed a LePera King Cobra seat. I'm 5'6, and it helped quite a bit.

Doug

·
Registered
14 Posts
what did you do to lower it

What did you end up doing to lower your bike. I'd like to lower my 2003 FXD so I can plant my feet on the ground better (27" inseam). I'm not sure how low I can go because I'd like to ride 2 up some.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts