V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right...I'm a bit confused (OK...a little more than usual!). In my research for components to lower my FXDS-Conv, it seems as though all the parts work for FX's, FXDL's, FX...whatevers's but most state they won't work for the FXDS's...What gives? I've looked for problems with the suspension. Seems the same as other FX's. I've looked for complications with the saddle bags and that doesn't seem to be a problem, unless of course your lowering it over 3", then it appears there "may" be a problem. It's got me scratching my head. Any thoughts or areas I may be overlooking?

Thanks for your input.:confused:

D

·
Registered
428 Posts
I thought we ended up using a kit made for the FXDS-Conv to lower my sife's FXDP. I'll see what I have at home...

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, HD does make a kit to lower the FXDS-Conv(they are very proud of the kit....$500.00 worth) but I don't see what the difference would be if I was to put the components together(if they made them!). Why cant't I jsut lower the front with a kit similar to the Arlen Ness kit(-2.5" in the front) and lower the back with 11" shocks?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts