V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know of a SAFE way to lower the rear of the new 2006 FLHX = Street Glide? Lowering blocks won't work, tweeks the right shock out to far.
Have contacted progressive suspension for advice but no reply. Would rather not have air assisted shocks.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
They come lowered from the factory.How much lower do you want to go?
I would not lower the back anymore without doing the front as well..

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
don't do it

Fat_Train said:
Just an inch front and rear
the bike will to be too low,you will definately scrape your pipes in turns,and maybe your frame.Ever touch the frame and pogo a few feet into another lane? it ain't fun!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I think 1/2 inch is all you want to go more than you have now......probably not worth the expense. If you choose to do so, Progressive 440's a re always a good choice.....

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
I lowered my 2001 FXDL an addition inch using the progressive shocks.
Its a stiff ride but I like it

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
I lowered my front and it looks great and sits flat everyone that sees it loves it .I dont think you could ride it if it was any lower . I had the stealer lower it when installing black sliders it looks sweet. 06 vivid black

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
bglidin said:
I lowered my front and it looks great and sits flat everyone that sees it loves it .I dont think you could ride it if it was any lower . I had the stealer lower it when installing black sliders it looks sweet. 06 vivid black
Big Tease:boobies: where's the photos??

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
bglidin said:
Yeah lets see what it looks like I am thinking about lowering mine.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
lowered street glide

sorry guys will work on pics this weekend . I just ckd this thread to see what he decided to do

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.