V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm asking this for a buddy with an '05 Ultra. Anybody else having trouble with the lower fairing vents closing by themselves while riding? Any easy way to fix them? Thanks.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
They don't close by themselves. He's having problems with the left one. His shoe size is 10 or larger. He wears boots. He doesn't feel himself kicking them closed when he shifts.
That'll be $5.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
MegaGlide said:
They don't close by themselves. He's having problems with the left one. His shoe size is 10 or larger. He wears boots. He doesn't feel himself kicking them closed when he shifts.
That'll be $5.
Niiiicceeeeeee!!!!!!! *TIBS*

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
What nice? They don't shut on their own that I've ever seen. We kick them w/ our big clodhoppers. I was being nice! Maybe some folks kick the right one, too...

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
MegaGlide said:
What nice? They don't shut on their own that I've ever seen. We kick them w/ our big clodhoppers. I was being nice! Maybe some folks kick the right one, too...
Small feet here and I've had that happen to me too. I'll check the screw mentioned above and see if it helps. Mine won't close all the way but they won't stay all the way open either.

Tom

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sometimes I hit them with my big feet and sometimes they will close down a notch all by themselves. I did tighten the screw. I have used a string to keep them open in the summer.

Regards, SSC

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Now if they won't close all the way, have you checked that they are square w/ the engine guard? In a twist they won't shut all the way...
I pull mine in the summer and put them back on in the fall, and they're a pain to get square AND positioned so the fairing doesn't hit them at full lock...

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Both of mine close a click regularly. I do have 10+ feet and cannot guarantee I don't hit them. I always figured wind was doing it. Also wonder if maybe better that way. With them in slightly maybe deflects air at engine.

Dunno. tightening is probably good idea. So simple, but never though of it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, he has never mentioned the screws. Could be he doesn't know that they are there. He's also got feet like a Susquatch so it could be both things that are causing his problem............:laugh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.