V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Who, me?
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have laready blocked off my calendar for the day for my "therapy" session this afternoon. I was going to ride in, but the gravel road I live on still had some ice on it....

I think this afternoon should be simply GREAT.

·
Retired
1,835 Posts
I went out in the early afternoon. Real nice ride. Rode to the dealer,and the parking lot was full of cages. Checked out some boots,picked up a Thunder Press,and left to ride some more.

·
ORIGINAL DOOF BABE
3,954 Posts
Low_Rider said:
I have laready blocked off my calendar for the day for my "therapy" session this afternoon. I was going to ride in, but the gravel road I live on still had some ice on it....

I think this afternoon should be simply GREAT.
Whoo hoo! 40 degrees!

I told ya before - there's a reason Michigan's shaped like a giant mitten and scarf!

It's 60 here right now - supposed to be sunny and 68 tomorrow!

Sorry Brian - I know what you're thinking: :nunu: I can't help myself - I put up with Michigan winters for too long...

Seriously, enjoy your ride - I remember the first rides after a long winter - doesn't matter how damn cold it is - it still feels great.

·
Who, me?
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ohh Laurie, you are tempting me to ride down to the island to give you a piece of my mind.....

Oh well, we got mid-40's right now but rain in the area. T-storms will be rolling in tomorrow (but near 60). Damn figures.

·
ORIGINAL DOOF BABE
3,954 Posts
Low_Rider said:
Ohh Laurie, you are tempting me to ride down to the island to give you a piece of my mind.....

Oh well, we got mid-40's right now but rain in the area. T-storms will be rolling in tomorrow (but near 60). Damn figures.
Heh heh!! =devil=

Today in Hilton Head:

Mostly Sunny High
77°F

Precip
0%

Wind: S 14 mph
Max. Humidity: 56%
UV Index: 7 High

Sunrise: 6:41 AM ET
Avg. High: 66°F
Record High: 88°F (1985)

I know, I know... :spank:

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
I rode on 03/07. Did about 100 miles making sales calls. ?prty:

·
ORIGINAL DOOF BABE
3,954 Posts
Low_Rider said:
You owe me a HUGE MUG of Chattam Artillery Punch!
C'mon down! I'll buy YOU one and Tracie two! :beer: I've never heard of Chattam Artillery Punch - where do I get some??? River Street??

·
Who, me?
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ahhh yes...... a Savannah favorite. Tracie and I got blasted on the stuff and stumbled back to the hotel. Damn good thing we wern't riding....

I think the one place that's famous for it is the Shrimp Factory, but there's a lot of bars in town that also serve it.

Sweet tastin and enough kick to knock you on your ass faster then a big bore on the autobahn.

7-part liquor
7-part juice
strong tea
champaigne right before serving

·
ORIGINAL DOOF BABE
3,954 Posts
Low_Rider said:
Ahhh yes...... a Savannah favorite. Tracie and I got blasted on the stuff and stumbled back to the hotel. Damn good thing we wern't riding....

I think the one place that's famous for it is the Shrimp Factory, but there's a lot of bars in town that also serve it.

Sweet tastin and enough kick to knock you on your ass faster then a big bore on the autobahn.

7-part liquor
7-part juice
strong tea
champaigne right before serving
YUM!!! Especially like the champagne part! Mmmmm!! I'm going to have to make a point of finding someplace that serves this stuff!! (not while riding, of course!) Maybe I can search for a recipe.... :)

·
ORIGINAL DOOF BABE
3,954 Posts
Ah ha! Here's one - looks like it's really enough to get an army sauced too!

The Recipe

1-1/2 gallons Catawba
1/2 gallon rum
1-1/2 quarts gin
1-1/2 quarts brandy
1-1/2 quarts Rye whiskey
1-1/2 gallons strong tea
2-1/2 pounds brown sugar
1/2 pint Benedictine
Juice from 18 oranges
Juice from 18 lemons
1 bottle Maraschino cherries

Make stock with above from 36-48 hours before time for using. Just prior to serving, add 1 case of champagne.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts