V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if any other V-Rod owners could comment on the low-speed (<10 mph) handling characteristics of the V-Rod.

I picked up mine earlier this week, after a 15 year hiatus from regular bike riding, so I realize my opinion my be a little suspect. However, it seems that the trail of the forks makes the bike a little different to steer at low speeds compared to other bikes. Combined with a tendency to stall out at low RPMs this has caused me a few embarrasing moments at stop lights. Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Other than that, I LOVE this bike.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here is what I have experienced, and I too am coming back to riding after a too many year off hiatus. I noticed when I came up to a light (red) and downshifted through the gears, and winding up in first, unless I was movin nicely, I wobbled up to the light, trying to balance it, and feeling like i had to give it gas, mostly from loss of gyro balance. Now, I never stalled out, but I changed the way I approached red lights, in traffic circumstances, and that is, I go a little faster up to the light, and put my brakes on,, just prior to a full stop, I have it down to a science now, and it looks cooler too, I stop just as my foot is coming down to the pavement. I don't know any other way to slow enough to put my foot out, and down, without duck walking up to the light!! LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts