V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[speedy] Hawaii
I have an 05 ultra classic 95 inch HTCC ported heads 10.5 forged pistons SE 258 cams HTCC intake manifold block studs fueling oil pump ETC. EFI tuner true dual thunder headers. I got the tuning real close at least I think so but I still have low speed surging, jumping or feels like the front and rear cylinders are running to far apart. All this happens just off idle to 2000 RPM at any given speed and gear mainly when I'm cruising the strip. Can anyone help me.

·
Banned
48 Posts
Barry Versola said:
[speedy] Hawaii
I have an 05 ultra classic 95 inch HTCC ported heads 10.5 forged pistons SE 258 cams HTCC intake manifold block studs fueling oil pump ETC. EFI tuner true dual thunder headers. I got the tuning real close at least I think so but I still have low speed surging, jumping or feels like the front and rear cylinders are running to far apart. All this happens just off idle to 2000 RPM at any given speed and gear mainly when I'm cruising the strip. Can anyone help me.
E-mail me the map - I'd like to see what changes were made to it. Also, why are you running an HTCC manifold on HTCC ported heads? The HTCC manifold is ONLY FOR HTCC NON ported heads. If you are running the parts you described, you are running a d-shaped manifold into a round head port.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Harley Guy, Thanks for responding to me. All the parts I'm running was picked by Harley in Hawaii, do you think this is where my problem is? If so what do you change to. I got the tuning very close but not perfict. I'll try to e-mail my tune to you. Thanks Barry Versola

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Harley Guy, I tryed to E-Mail you my map but the attachment is coming up as invalid. Is there another way that I can send it to you. Barry

·
Banned
48 Posts
Barry Versola said:
Harley Guy, I tryed to E-Mail you my map but the attachment is coming up as invalid. Is there another way that I can send it to you. Barry
Yes, there is no map in the SERT for what you are running. I want to see if they changed anything in the .

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Harleyguy made a good call on the intake. and your map has to be "custom" built. All that being said..dont expect a 10.5:1 motor with a 258 cam to be smooth under 2000 rpm.. too much cam to be pulling a load under 2000. I bet I would like the sound though!.

·
Banned
48 Posts
SYCLONE said:
Harleyguy made a good call on the intake. and your map has to be "custom" built. All that being said..dont expect a 10.5:1 motor with a 258 cam to be smooth under 2000 rpm.. too much cam to be pulling a load under 2000. I bet I would like the sound though!.
Agreed on the low speed behavior. One of my bikes is a S/E perf head, S/E forged pistons with 258 cams and cometic .040 head gaskets - into a 2-1 supertrapp with extra plates. That's an easy 103/105 output motor with no major tuning and a stock 05 Delphi t-body - no boring. Yes, under 2000 rpm, it's a lumpy cam. I really want to see the map because once I do, I'll be able to see if they just shipped him down the road. I suspect they did.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what's up

SYCLONE said:
Hi SYCLON, about the sound, with the thunder headers people tell me when I'm come it sound like a big block chevy. Barry

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Barry Versola said:
Hi SYCLON, about the sound, with the thunder headers people tell me when I'm come it sound like a big block chevy. Barry
Yep...should be real lopey...with a sharp bark..not real deep cause of the compression.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts