V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 superglide and have been thinking of putting the Low Rider rear shocks on it to lower the profile a bit. As my local dealer does not have a Low Rider on the floor and the parts guy was not sure how much of a difference there was in the shock length, can anyone help? What is the difference in shock length and how much will it lower the bike? Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
44 Posts
"the parts guy was not sure how much of a difference there was"

After that statement, I would say it's time to find a dealer with a parts guy that actually KNOWS his parts. Of course nowadays that maybe a tall order.:wacko:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scott, thanks for the visual. I have made up my mind, Dyna lowering kit, here we come.

Did it change handling characteristics at all and have you had any problem bottoming out?

Thanks again. Norm

·
Registered
181 Posts
52Norm said:
Scott, thanks for the visual. I have made up my mind, Dyna lowering kit, here we come.

Did it change handling characteristics at all and have you had any problem bottoming out?

Thanks again. Norm
It did not change the handling characteristics at all and I haven't bottomed out either. Plus they're still adjustable so you can set them for the stiffness that you want. They basically enabled me to get more of a bend in my leg when seated and stopped at a light. I just wasn't always comfortable in all situations before but now with these shocks I feel just fine no matter what type of surface I'm on.

They're one of my favorite modifications I've done so far. Well worth the $$.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts