V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted this before but got no answers, so I'll try again. I have the stock 130 16 Dunlop on the back of my 1998 FXD. Want to find a lower profile tire that will mount right up to rim and bike. Anybody Please?

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
ok

rickr01 said:
I've posted this before but got no answers, so I'll try again. I have the stock 130 16 Dunlop on the back of my 1998 FXD. Want to find a lower profile tire that will mount right up to rim and bike. Anybody Please?
Check the cross section(width) and overall diameter of your original tire. Cross-reference it(check to mfg's web site for info) to the next larger tire,a 140(90?) and the next larger, a 150/80. then check to see if you have clearance.i had to reverse the bolts on my '01 fxd to install a150/80 k591.I had to put a thin faced bolt on the inside and put an acorn nut on the outside of the strut.YOU may want to re-post this in the dyna section. good luck,rob.

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FatBobRob said:
Check the cross section(width) and overall diameter of your original tire. Cross-reference it(check to mfg's web site for info) to the next larger tire,a 140(90?) and the next larger, a 150/80. then check to see if you have clearance.i had to reverse the bolts on my '01 fxd to install a150/80 k591.I had to put a thin faced bolt on the inside and put an acorn nut on the outside of the strut.YOU may want to re-post this in the dyna section. good luck,rob.

Thanks for the suggestion Rob. I am not really looking for a wider tire, although that would be a bonus. I just want a lower profile tire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts