V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this fall I had the SE pipes put on my '05 883, and now it seems like there is more of a buzzy vibration going on......I also had it re-jetted and the SE air filter kit installed.

would any of these mods make for more vibration?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
My Dyna vibrated more with Cycle Shack slip-ons than with Straightshots or a Pro Pipe. Most noticable at 70 and up. My experience is exhaust can make a difference.
You might want to check if any part of your exhaust is touching the frame or any other non-rubber mounted part.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yep, it's not your imagnation. Bought mine with thunderheadders but slipped the stock pipes on one day to try it. The vibration decreased by at least half.

Very big difference from idle all the way to red-line.

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
thunderheaders

deanz02 said:
Yep, it's not your imagnation. Bought mine with thunderheadders but slipped the stock pipes on one day to try it. The vibration decreased by at least half.

Very big difference from idle all the way to red-line.
Are we talking Thunderheaders slip-ons or the complete 2-1 system? Just wondering..

·
Registered
9 Posts
The rubber mount motors are balanced for stock exhaust which weigh more than after market performance pipes. The lighter pipes will cause the harmonics to be off and thus some vibration. My Dyna buzzes a lilltle more around 4000 rpm with a Thunderheader but it doesn't bother me...it's all part of the experience.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the replies; I was thinking about selling the bike, but maybe its worth getting stock pipes put back on and giving it a second chance.

will leaving the SE air cleaner and the re-jettet carb as-is booger things up with the stock pipes on? I would think that having the air intake less restricted and the pipes more restricted could cause some bad things to happen....but then, I really don't have a clue about the mechanical stuff.

but, I am learning!

:huh: :huh: :huh: :xhere:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Not really. You may have to adjust the idle mixture a little. I put the stock mufflers back on my Road King when I took it to the shop to sell it. Still had the SE AC and rejet. Ran so good I almost turned around and went back home with it. Engine ran smoother, less vibes and it seemed to have more torque.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
I noticed a lot more vibration on my TC88 FXST throughout the whole rev range -- and especially at the top end -- after installing a set of original Screamin' Eagles. Glad to learn it wasn't my imagination :yes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts