V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tony Kebhart
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I do the install am going to need to get a 4 deg offset gear for the cams? Looking to get more Low and mid range tourque.

I did a search already but couldnt find any info on the subject.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I did the 203's on my first TC build a long time ago. IMO, there has to be a better cam out there for you, the 203 was dissapointing.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
i think that the tw26 are a low range cam already, installing them with a 4 deg advance will really hurt the top end, and come on too early, almost as if they would be wasted. i would go with them strait up. If the mods in your sig is accurate thats what i would say. I am no pro thought still and always learning. I would wait for the pros opinion....just my .02 ope it helps

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
rodriguc said:
If you are planning to advance the TW26 by 4 degrees, why not just install a TW21, which is already 4 degrees more advanced? Here's a comparison dyno of the two cams on the same bike.
Carlos,
That is an interesting comparison. AFR wasn't quite right on one of them but still interesting. Do you happen to know if that is with the B style or C style LSR??

·
Tony Kebhart
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
4 deg advance.

The problem was I didnt know whether to advance the cams or not. Now after reading all the input(which I greatly appreciate) I think ill go with the andrews tw26's straight up...no advance gear.

Now that that is settled...it poses more questions. Since the tw26 is a mild cam with only a .490 lift would I get any benefit from porting the heads??

·
Ghost Rider - IronButt
480 Posts
Totenkopf said:
Carlos,
That is an interesting comparison. AFR wasn't quite right on one of them but still interesting. Do you happen to know if that is with the B style or C style LSR??
I agree, the tuning could have been better, but that was what was available at the time.

My buddy rides a 2002 Road King Classic and the exhaust system is a C style LSR.

·
Ghost Rider - IronButt
480 Posts
akebhart said:
Now that that is settled...it poses more questions. Since the tw26 is a mild cam with only a .490 lift would I get any benefit from porting the heads??
Depends who does your heads and how much your willing to pay for few extra ft-lbs and/or hp. I've attached two additional dyno charts to help you with your porting question. Both are on 95" builds with the V&H Slip-ons, one with ported heads (9.4:1) and the other with stock head (9.0-9.2:1). Each set of heads have stock valves. First, I would consider my riding style, to include what rpm range I normally ride in. If normally operating in the 2000-4000 range with the TW26, you may not see much of a perfomance gain to warrent the additional cost associated with the porting of heads. In other words, the stock heads seem to flow well enough to support the use of these cams and anything milder.

Just my 2 cents...someone else may have a different opinion on this matter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts