V-Twin Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts
The 2011 mufflers have an expanded diameter, approx 1 1/4" I intend to cut out both ends so I have a straight shot out through 1 1 /4 pipe. I have done this on 2 HD stock exhaust and it works quite well, quiet when the law is around, and barks fairly well on the throttle, although these muffleers are farther back, I won't hear the noise as much.

I also bought a second set of mufflers to do this to first . It does seem these mufflers are far more sturdier than the stock HD mufflers ( I tried forcing them apart which I could relatively do easily on the HDs, these are staying put. ) I will have a machine shop cut them out with a straight torch.

If this doesn't work, I may just fork over the big bucks for the sweeps, but 1000 seems steep.

Ok so I am cheap! ya gotta do what ya gotta do!:hystria:

If more HD folks would test ride a new or even an older Vic HD would be have serious competition.It is just hard for some of the "New" HD riders to get over the hype of owning a Harley.I know a bunch of older long time HD riders like myself that have seen how the MoCo drops you and your bike after it gets a few yrs on it or they come out with a new engine.Hell I cant buy parts for my Shovel at a dealer.Evos are getting that way now.
Love my V92 TC but it will never completely replace my old Shovel.

Discussion starter · #43 ·
The 2011 mufflers have an expanded diameter, approx 1 1/4" I intend to cut out both ends so I have a straight shot out through 1 1 /4 pipe. I have done this on 2 HD stock exhaust and it works quite well, quiet when the law is around, and barks fairly well on the throttle, although these muffleers are farther back, I won't hear the noise as much.

I also bought a second set of mufflers to do this to first . It does seem these mufflers are far more sturdier than the stock HD mufflers ( I tried forcing them apart which I could relatively do easily on the HDs, these are staying put. ) I will have a machine shop cut them out with a straight torch.

If this doesn't work, I may just fork over the big bucks for the sweeps, but 1000 seems steep.

Ok so I am cheap! ya gotta do what ya gotta do!:hystria:
The price of those include a K&N and dealer re-flash. Do some searches on dyno charts for that set up. All I've found is you actually loose power after it's installed.

If more HD folks would test ride a new or even an older Vic HD would be have serious competition.It is just hard for some of the "New" HD riders to get over the hype of owning a Harley.I know a bunch of older long time HD riders like myself that have seen how the MoCo drops you and your bike after it gets a few yrs on it or they come out with a new engine.Hell I cant buy parts for my Shovel at a dealer.Evos are getting that way now.
Love my V92 TC but it will never completely replace my old Shovel.
Nothing will replace the Shovel. I miss mine and WILL own another some day.

I agree Classis Harleys are a great place to keep one's soul. The panheads, shovels, evos and now the relatively new but obsolete FX line TCs Duece Springer.

Time changes as do the customer's wants and needs. I have redone my 87 FXLR and when I take it out, people are just amazed and usually somebody wants to buy it. I will never sell.

I had my 2004 Springer out this fall one day and actually came across a couple of young fellows who were blow away by the bike, They were amazed at the springer front end and the 21" spoked front wheel! Ya mean this came from Harley? one asked in amazement?

Classic motorcycles are FUN

I agree Classis Harleys are a great place to keep one's soul. The panheads, shovels, evos and now the relatively new but obsolete FX line TCs Duece Springer.

Time changes as do the customer's wants and needs. I have redone my 87 FXLR and when I take it out, people are just amazed and usually somebody wants to buy it. I will never sell.

I had my 2004 Springer out this fall one day and actually came across a couple of young fellows who were blow away by the bike, They were amazed at the springer front end and the 21" spoked front wheel! Ya mean this came from Harley? one asked in amazement?

Classic motorcycles are FUN
Try taking a nice Shovel out.You get all sorts of WOW.Kinda like a old Pan or KNuck when I was younger

The bike should run pretty good with all those mods. Sounds like you got a good deal too.

Will those slip-ons be louder than your stock muffler mod? I'd love to hear how it sounds if you could post a video.

Discussion starter · #52 ·
Will those slip-ons be louder than your stock muffler mod? I'd love to hear how it sounds if you could post a video.
I'm guessing it will be quieter. From what I've read they are loud when you twist it but quiet otherwise. We'll see.

Very good. I'll be watching for reports on how you like it over time. I can't get over how well-engineered Vics are, especially how simple it is to change a belt compared to what we deal with on HDs.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.