V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined though I've been riding since 2007. First bike was a Harley Sportster, an '06 1200XL. First trip I did was about 4,000 miles to Florida with my dad. That's right, a long distance trip on a Sportster!

I have since done 1 other cross-country trip on my Sportster (6k miles) and now upgraded to my dad's old Dyna Wide Glide.

I now, however, live in Beijing, China. Unfortunately I couldn't take my Dyna (which I've named Eowyn) with me, so I now ride a Chinese made Jincheng 250cc. Though it's no Harley, commuting in Beijing on a motorcycle means every day is still an adventure!

You can read about my travels in China on the motorcycle blog I help run, Rubber on Road, where we have lots of other interesting stories on motorcycle travel and motorcycle tips including how it actually is possible to tour on a Sportster, as well as other long distance trips around the U.S., China, Australia, and hopefully soon, India!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks very much! Been through the Michigan area a couple times. Some beautiful country when you can get out of the urban areas!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts