V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where you can get 5 spoke mags for an 86 fxrs? it has a 39mm narrow glide and single flange. everything i've ever seen is for 21" (want to keep it 19" on the front) or dual flange, or a newer model. my friends and i really did a kick ass job customizing it over winter and the stock alum. wagon wheels look kinda gay. thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL I guess calling those wagon mags gay was a bit too harsh!!! Actually, I'm in love with the stock Harley Rocker wheels. I'm not sure how those are going to mount up though. I'm not afraid of doing machining or other types of fab, I just don't want to spend $800 on a used set of wheels and then find out there is no way to make em work.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Send those wheels out for chrome, then paint em. Or not.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@PanScott, I was thinking about doing that, but my buddy did that with some 13 spokers on his Sporty. Besides, I really dig those H-D Rocker wheels. If anyone knows the specs on those wheels (hub width, bearing i.d.) please let me know.

·
Registered
181 Posts
@PanScott, I was thinking about doing that, but my buddy did that with some 13 spokers on his Sporty. Besides, I really dig those H-D Rocker wheels. If anyone knows the specs on those wheels (hub width, bearing i.d.) please let me know.
There's a pair of rocker wheels on Craigslist.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/mcy/2820375713.html

Me thinks the rear rocker wheel is WAY too wide to fit a FXR without major modifications. Plan "B" for me would be Chrome 9 spoke touring rear with corresponding touring swing arm and brake. and the front Rocker wheel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts