V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I brought home my new Road King Custom tomight. And while I was out riding I was trying to see how far I could reach my feet out to get an idea where I could mount highway pegs. Being short legged it isn't very far. With my legs stretched out I can rest my left heel on the floor board and my toes on the engine guard. So I guess I would need a mount that would come back from the bar but not interfere with the brake. I have looked at alot of the Kuryakyn mounts but looking at all of the different ones gave me a headache. :blink: I have already decided I am running the Kuryakyn Dually pegs. Just need to figure out which mount would be best. I know I don't want to be in the "giving birth" position. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
37 Posts
Monster,
Check these out, I have not installed these yet but bought them for my street glide. If mounted with the bracket to the rear it should give you the exact foot position you desire. I bought the kuryakyn switchblade footpegs to have the ability to use the heel rests, the one thing that I miss on my Fatboys forward pegs.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/...4302290695&bmUID=1145324208057&bmLocale=en_US

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
If you decide on those, I've got a set in exc condition I'd let you have for $65 shipped. Good on a bike without lowers, not so good for me...

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
Mega - I've got a set of the 50910-03A Adj. Highway Peg Mounting Kit - Angled - Long. Page 468 in H-D accesories Cat. Like Brand new. If your interested LMK.:dunno:

·
Registered
271 Posts
try kwstretcher.com
mount to floorboards,unobtrusive and just right for resting your heel on the floorboard and toes on pegs
or put your whole foot on them
easy to get back to brake also

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Carrie: Did you consider the longer version of those??? Just wondering if they would clear the floorboards.

Also I am looking at a few of the Kuryakyn pieces. Anyone have experience with these using them low and rear of the engine guard?? Or think they would work in that aspect??

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=3595

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=3251

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=2421

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=3593

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Dually pegs are very good looking... my brother is going with them on his new RKC. Get the mounts that bolt to the underside of the floorboards. Very clean and puts your foot in the position you mentioned (heel on board, toe on peg)

Link To Part Numbers

I hate the look of highway pegs mounted to the engine guard... looks like tinker toys.

·
'05 Road King Classic
806 Posts
Like the 360 bracket.

NavyCPO said:
Monster,
Check these out, I have not installed these yet but bought them for my street glide. If mounted with the bracket to the rear it should give you the exact foot position you desire. I bought the kuryakyn switchblade footpegs to have the ability to use the heel rests, the one thing that I miss on my Fatboys forward pegs.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/...4302290695&bmUID=1145324208057&bmLocale=en_US
NavyCPO,

I just put the peg mounts you reference on my Road King Classic. I really like them because they let me get my pegs just the way I like them - useful when I want and totally out of the way when I don't want them. I tried the short-angled bracket first but just couldn't get them to position correctly. I almost gave up until I gave those 360 degree jobs a try and am glad I did.

Dennis E.

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Monstermile said:
Carrie: Did you consider the longer version of those??? Just wondering if they would clear the floorboards.
These are the short versions. The longer versions would be uncomfortable to me. My length of my legs fall perfect to where they are located. I will post better pics once I get back from the park...

;)

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Carrie said:
These are the short versions. The longer versions would be uncomfortable to me. My length of my legs fall perfect to where they are located. I will post better pics once I get back from the park...

;)
How tall are you and what is your inseam. Looking at the way they are set I don't think they would do me much good. I am wondering o=if the longer ones would work.

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Monstermile said:
How tall are you and what is your inseam. Looking at the way they are set I don't think they would do me much good. I am wondering o=if the longer ones would work.
Legit! I'm 5'1 with a 30 in inseam ;). The cool thing about these is they do a 180 degree turn, so this bracket is also for the taller rider (adjustable). There is a longer version for the even shorter or taller person. I'm not sure what the Harley link states, but this is my version of the bracket.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Carrie said:
Legit! I'm 5'1 with a 30 in inseam ;). The cool thing about these is they do a 180 degree turn, so this bracket is also for the taller rider. There is a longer version for the even shorter or taller person. I'm not sure what the Harley link states, but this is my version of the bracket.

Ok I feel deformed. I am 5'9" with a 30" inseam. I guess I need to go to the dealer and see if they have both in stock and set them where they would mount to see if either would work.

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Monstermile said:
Ok I feel deformed. I am 5'9" with a 30" inseam. I guess I need to go to the dealer and see if they have both in stock and set them where they would mount to see if either would work.
They let me do that to see what was perfect for me... It helps.

I can't explains God's work when it comes to sizes and highths... It's all good though! :chopper:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the the 360 degree peg mounts from H-D. They are great! I mounted them so that I can have my feet on the stock foorboards or my heels on the stock floorboards and my toes on the highway pegs or with my foot resting on the highway peg. That way I have 3 different foot/leg positions.

I'm a newbie here so maybe everyone does this..and I might just be....:beatdh:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts