V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2005 Softail Deluxe. Im going on a weekend ride and need to find a piece of luggage that will mount on my passenger seat or rack without using a sissy bar. All the luggage Ive looked at mounts in conjuction with a sissy bar. Please help direct me to a brand or style to help because a dont want a sissy bar. Thanks

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Any duffle bag can be strapped onto a rack. Get one about 24" wide and strap it on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

I just bought a Kuryakyn gran tour bag. It works great. It comes with a strap to mount under the passenger pillon and mounts so I have a back rest too. Thanks again

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think I'm going to order the mini tour bag for my FXD35. It looks like the perfect one for my daily commute. Better than the backpack I'm using now to pckup food and brew on the way home. It's 30 miles from the store to my house. oregonrider.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
driveby643 said:
I own a 2005 Softail Deluxe. Im going on a weekend ride and need to find a piece of luggage that will mount on my passenger seat or rack without using a sissy bar. All the luggage Ive looked at mounts in conjuction with a sissy bar. Please help direct me to a brand or style to help because a dont want a sissy bar. Thanks
bikers friend bags are awesome. no sissy bar, solo seat, whatever, this bag is great......it comes with a comfotable backrest that attaches to the bag also

·
Registered
3 Posts
Luggage

Try looking at this item. I just bought the large size for my '04 Heritage Classic Softail. I do have a Sissy Bar but you can mount this bag to the seat. It comes with enough straps you can just about mount it anywhere on the bike. I bought the large because it is big enough that my Wife and I can put our 3/4 helmets inside and keep them out of the rain. Did you ever put on a wet helmet after the rain EEECH! This bag is made really well and with the different sizes available it can fit just about any bike. It also includes a Raincover. I would recommend one of the Cable locks available to secure it to the bike. Just keep in mind that locks are for honest people only! If someone really wants your stuff they can find a http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/MotoFizz-Camping-Seat-Bags-Small-Medium--Large-p-16405.htmlway!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts