V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for links to anyone selling wheels for the V-rod in the USA. I was considering PM http://www.performancemachine.com , though not sure if I want to wait until March to order new wheels, also Weld Racing, http://www.weldracing.com is also showing new motorcycle wheels at Daytona according to latest American Iron Magazine. Anyway, I want to go over all my options to decide if theres something I want now out there or if I should wait. Any links to rims would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
Tim,
I know said America ,but Rick's in Germany has some of the Baddest Wheels on the Planet and I had them to my door in 3days!The tuffest part is reaching them on the phone 9hr's time difference or something like that!Call them and ask for Gunther.You won't be sorry!
Kaz...............:D

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
ricks-motorcycles.de/
Call and ask for Gunther tell'm Kaz Referd you.
You won't be sorry.They are the best wheels made for our V-rods!
Kaz.......

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone done it that can report back, maybe show some photos? Kaz, taking a look, though theres so many choices, not sure shipping from Germany is a good plan, thanks man!

Mr. Z said:
For $675/wheel look at what Rowe will do to your stock wheel. They have the vrsprint model on their site. www.roweperformance.com/vrsprint.html

Mr. Z

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All i see is wheels with the lugs on it, some with black, dont like either one :( Personal choice, of course.

For example heres the only wheel I saw for the V-Rod:

I like a cleaner look, one reason I am leaning this way:

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
hey aahh, tim, she looks pretty damn good to me...umm what wheels?

Ps. you aint' parking next to me them wheels you prick! LOL!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Kaz whats included in the 240 kit from Ricks and how much did it cost. I got an e-mail from them but everything was separate.

James

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
I bought it all!Front and rear wheels with tires.Matching pulley and rotors.Rear fender,and drag bars "about 5k"!!!For the 240 kit you just need the wheel,tire and rear fender.I wanted everything.I'm into the Euro race look so for me it was Perfect.I think the wheels in MA's post look kinda cheap.It looks like a polished 1 pc,cast wheel.The design and quality of Rick's stuffs is pretty tuff to beat"TUV Cert."Those German's know how to make $hit! We all are different so hey "we can all do our own thing".MA hated his SuperTrapps and I loved mine.At least we agree on one thing"V-rods"!
Kaz.................................

·
Registered
477 Posts
Looks like a PM Monaco to me, very good looking wheel! Got me thinking about wheels too. Major Attitude, are you saying a guy has to wait til March to get the PM wheels? Steve has a pretty good price on em at V-MODS. PMs are not cheap, got to buy new rotors too, but they are some fine. I'd highly recommend spending a bit more for the chrome, I got polished on my Titan and their a pain to keep spotless. Chrome looks better anyway, and much much less maintenance, just a coat of wax on them babies.........

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Top wheel is ricks-motorcycles.de/

Bottom wheel is http://www.performancemachine.com/

Last i knew Performance Machine has a 3 month wait. A guy locally got them, waited 4 months in summer, BUT it was because they didnt like the chrome job and re-did it for them.

All I can say, as crazy as it sounds, is the picture does not do it justice. I saw the PM wheels and they are a work of art, beautiful.

Thing is they got a new wheel coming...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got ahold of Performance Machine and heres what they said:

"If your a subscriber to Hot Bike magazine, the newest early release of the March issue will have pics of our 3 new designs for this year. The design making its way to the V-rod is the "Gatlin".

Thank you for your interest in Performance Machine Products. "

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yes. I subscribe to Hot Bike, I've got the March issue. Gatlin is ok, me personally I like the Vader, now thats a cool wheel. I like the simplicity and thinness of the spokes, minus the rivits or boltheads. Now I'd buy the Vader, or the Monaco. I want to do my front first, then maybe later do the rear. Get rid of that front "catch the wind" solid, I just washed my ROD this morning and keeping those polished, ruff machine finish wheels looking real nice is going to be quite a challenge anyway.

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Polizzio said:
, I've got the March issue. Gatlin is ok,
Don't suppose you have a scanner, and that you'd be kind enough to post a pic? It'd be much appreciated!

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Major Attitude said:
Whats a Vader? PM is supposed to introduce 3 new wheels, only one for the V-Rod, so the Vader, assuming its one of the new wheels, wont work, or least thats how I told it was going to go :)
Is the vader from someone else besides PM? So far I'm leaning towards the Monaco, but I'm looking forward to seeing the Gatlin before deciding on a wheel. Anyone know where the best Performance Machine prices can be found??

1 - 20 of 32 Posts