V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where i would find one of the short flexable antennas (otherwise knows as a ducky antenna!) to go on the back of the scooter? Any input is appreciated

Thanks

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
frys

I got a magnetic antenna from frys on sale for 29bucks. It s the kind that mounts un seenand looks like a 4" tootsie rool or someting. It goes inside the faring to be unseen. I here they help bring in reception better than stock. You might want to search this site for a tuned antenna, which is tuned to the same frecqundies that are brod casted in your area. I thank around 38.00 also mounts unseen.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
stach box antenna

It worked out great, power supply from 12 v HDI or/wh inside faiing. No accesories spliceing lioke some stealers would have, best thing is it powers up when either the ignition or accessories key fob is on.:chopper:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Internal Antenna

Morning,
I am about to install a antenna in my fairing(05 RG) and where do I splice in the 12v wire from the antenna?

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
sblair said:
Does anyone know where i would find one of the short flexable antennas (otherwise knows as a ducky antenna!) to go on the back of the scooter? Any input is appreciated

Thanks
the auto parts have the radio antennas(less than $10), but not the CB
Freedom cycle has a set...about $89

·
Registered
225 Posts
sblair said:

Thanks
I got one at Auto Zone for around $7 as I recall. It came with the various adapters. Pick the right one and; Ta Daa! No whip hitting my garage door as I pull in!:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts