V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still havent bought one....long stry there...but any opinions on these models...I am a beginner.

Honda 750 Spirit...the chain drive model not the retro look

Yamaha 650 Classic/Custom

Triumph Bonneville America

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I'm assuming you meant Bikes in the title......................or a joke?

I would buy the Truimph but am partial to the style over the metrics.
Yamaha would be second if that is the one that looks like the Triumph.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OOPS!!!! OK...this is what happens when you are working and screwing around on the internet at the same time. Yes...I did mean "Bikes" ...."Bile" is what the project I am working on right now is causing to rise! ...;>) Oh well...at least I get to work from my home instead of a 8 X 8 cubicle!

·
Lighten up!
593 Posts
baggersport said:
I'm assuming you meant Bikes in the title......................or a joke?

I would buy the Truimph but am partial to the style over the metrics.
Yamaha would be second if that is the one that looks like the Triumph.
I thought a triumph was a metric bike?:huh:

·
Lighten up!
593 Posts
baggersport said:
Yeah.........
Sorry must of misread I guess, I thought you said you like the triumph style over the metrics, Since a Triumph is a metric I got confused. :blink:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Triumphs are cool bikes, Bud of mine got a new America last year. He had all of us HD riders checking it out last fall. I even stopped by the dealer after to check all the bikes out. The speed master is really nice too. Although stock, it sounds like a sewing machine!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Sounds like the Triumph is the model of choice. I have no 1st OR 2nd hand knowledge of them so I have no reason to argue with any of those statements.

I do know 5 people with Honda Shadows and 4 people with Yamaha VStars though. Seems like all the Honda folks are thinking about what their NEXT bike will be - whereas the VStar folks seem to be pretty satisfied with their choice (they're not looking ahead to something else).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts