V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys....my first post and question(s) I just bought an 05 springer and I love it for the exception of some minor issues. First off, I,m damm near broke as I paid cash for 'er and what little$$ I have left I was looking to refine the ignition with a "wild things feul injection controller by dobeck performance". Does anyone know anything about these units.....the pipes pop on downshifting and the bike is kinda sluggish(has 880 miles on 'er) A buddy of mine here in south jersey has a shop and he says these units really improve performance!
Also,I,m thinking I may go with 3.37-1 gearing for better acceleration in all gears
is this simply exchanging the trans. sprocket from 32 to 30 teeth?
I really dont and CANT afford to go into the motor for obvious reasons(warranty) right about now.....If I do exchange the trans. sprocket that would put the wheel back 1/4"....yes....no? would that cause a problem anywhere?

she,s got s/e slip ons and aircleaner other stuff I put on is bags and a windshield
I find myself downshifting quite abit because of the TALL GEARING!!!
Thanks for any help guys!!! BIBS.:cheers:

·
Banned
202 Posts
The first mod should be tuning it properly because of the popping on decel.

Since you are tight on cash, just ride the bike for a season or two and don't worry about all the mods until you can afford it.

All the mods in the world won't mean a thing if you have to sell the bike due to the financial trouble it has gotten you into.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts