V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really kind of at a loss on what to do to get from where I am to where I want to be performance-wise.

What I have now is a FXDL with the standard Stage 1 add-ons:

SE Ignition
Rejetted Carb
SE Air Filter
V&H Straight Shots

I am for the most part happy with the way it performs, but I would really like some more oomph in the low to mid rpm range (particularly between about 2500- 5000). To flat out guess I would say that I am looking for something in the 80s-90s HP / 90s-100s torque.

After reading just about everything I can get my hands on, I think an SBC hop up is in my future. What I am looking for suggestions on is:

Should I stick with the stock heads or go to HTCCs?
Do I need to plan on a different carb and, if so, which one?
What cams should I run? (I have *kinda* limited it down to TW37b (, TW44, or a TW26 but am still open to suggestions)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Got the $$$$? Thro down. On a buget? Use as much stock stuff as possable.

If you realy want low end power you should think about better pipes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have enough to throw down money-wise to make anything possible, the problem is figuring out what I want to get with it.

As for the pipes, I know they aren't the best ones around from a performance perspective but I liked the way they look so I made the compromise. If you do know of any pipes that are similar in look to the straightshots (basically stockish looking Dyna pipes), then please let me know because about the only thing I do like about them is the way they look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts