V-Twin Forum banner

Looking for dealer in midwest

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Turtle 
#1 ·
Need to buy a Deuce soon. I am in the Twin City metro area of MN. The local dealers want $21,900 for a new Deuce. Anybody know of a good dealer anywhere in the midwest. Hoping for MSRP, will pay more, but do not want to spend an extra $5,000.

Going to start calling around the midwest tomorrow.

Thanks

#3 ·
I called all over Il and Missouri for a friend last week,,best deal I found was Chicago Harley and a dealer in Springfield Il. Springfield dealer was very good price and offered a extended warrenty for @ 300.00. Locate these dealers on Harleys home page. Good Luck. Dan:D

#5 ·
Turtle - I'm in the Twin Cities area and don't know of any. Although, there are alot of bikes on the floor right now so maybe that has changed. Call around. St. Croix Harley in New Richmond, WI - just across the border - says they do, but they had a waiting list the last time we checked. Doesn't hurt to check again. A friend bought a bike in Rice Lake, WI, I believe. Thought he got a good deal. If I hear anything, I will pass on the info.

#7 ·
Thanks for the replies. I called every dealer in MN, this morning listed on the HD web site. Found a black one, but it is fuel injected.

My wife will call the WI dealers, and I will start on the IA dealers.

That hawgeye site is great info, thanks pasadenajim.

Thanks again

#10 ·
Decided to go with a Soft Tail Standard. Found one in Oconomowoc, WI HD, much better deal at $14,500. After taxes I will be paying about $15,500. Instead of $20,000 with a deuce. The cheapest Deuce I could find was $19,000, add MN sales tax and I would be at $20K.

This is what I was willing to spend in the first place. $4500 is a big difference for basically the same bike. And I like the STD tank and rear fender better. Will put some drag bars on, add some more chrome, port the heads, and add some cams. And I will still be less than the Deuce.

Anybody think the warranty is worth doing? And if so, how many years should I do? I think I saw a thread last week on this I will do a search.

Thanks again for all the input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.