V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running a set of Supertrapp slip-ons (part #128-65115). (Same as the old SE-II's by the MoCo.)

These will take the common Harley, Kerker, or Supertrapp end caps.

Does anyone know of other aftermarket end caps that aren't chrome? I like the look of the Reinharts black ones and was looking for something like that.

The problem I have is that most of the chrome billet aluminium caps have a tendency to pop and flake after a while because of the heating and cooling of those end caps causing the chrome to pop. Been through three sets in 18 months.

·
Registered
580 Posts
eprenzlow said:
I'm running a set of Supertrapp slip-ons (part #128-65115). (Same as the old SE-II's by the MoCo.)

Does anyone know of other aftermarket end caps that aren't chrome? I like the look of the Reinharts black ones and was looking for something like that.

The problem I have is that most of the chrome billet aluminium caps have a tendency to pop and flake after a while because of the heating and cooling of those end caps causing the chrome to pop. Been through three sets in 18 months.
Powder coating might make them black for a while then they will get purple,like the Rinehart end caps.

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
bead blast off the chrome and use black manifold paint. cheap and it works.

·
Banned
3,694 Posts
eprenzlow said:

Remove exsisting coating and paint with a black hi temp paint. You can find the paint in any auto store......

{salute( :spank: {salute(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts