V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Electra Glide. Stage 1 SE air cleaner kit, V&H slip on's. Stock hardware beyond that, no performance mods planned.
It has a PC 3 tuner, installed by PO. I've never been happy with the way it runs. Seems to have plenty of power but fuel mileage around 30mpg. It'll have a little fit once in a while, when hot, not want to idle, shuts off after rapid decel, but straightens itself out quickly.

This bike is only used for one up touring. I'd like to get better mileage without harming the engine by running too lean. Not concerned about tire smoking performance.

I'm thinking of installing stock mufflers and going back to the stock ECM, eliminating the PC.

We have a short one week trip planned next week, then a 3 week ride to Colorado. I'm thinking the short trip would be a good test for that setup. But reading thru posts about tuners I'm concerned the factory tune will be too lean.

Should I:
Just leave it alone
Try the stock mufflers and ECM
Look for someone that can give the PC a decent tune
Go with a different tuner

·
Premium Member
3,119 Posts
I had an 07 Ultra with same setup as yours. Routinely got 40mpg. Even better when at higher altitudes. Dyno by a good tuner.
If you go back to the stock setup your bike will run much hotter. If you can find a qualified tuner that knows Power Commanders that's what I'd do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts