V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suppose one were to have a small commercial website on a for hire server and one wanted it to be found based on certain keywords with search engines like google and yahoo.

How would one go about it to make it happen?

·
Registered
875 Posts
send me a pm with specific questions and I will answer

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No Jimmy, it's a new one, WHR LLC, as in water horse racing, the HippoBurger thing worked real well until the damn Buffalo's showed up witheir damn "tastes better, less filling" thing. :D

Misguided, I have the PM's disabled, but I can either post the specifics here or e-mail them to you on monday as all the stuff is on the shop's computer.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To make the story short, I want THIS WEBSITE to appear when someone searches in Google and or Yahoo for keywords like Harley Davidson, performance, fuel systems, etc.

The site is down often because we are adding all the Harley stuff.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Each search engine has its own criteria for which sites are listed first. The search engine companies don't exactly want you to know the specifics - otherwise people would tailor their websites to rank high on searches. The search engines look at stuff like the webpage title, text in the body of the webpages, metatags and how many other sites link to your site.

This is a decent article with several other links. Let me know if that doesn't answer your question.

·
Registered
2 Posts
website question

My advice is contact a Technical College or Trade School where they teach a web design class. Instructors sometimes like to have a "project" to help with the design phase of the class.......that's what my instructor did. You might even get an instructor who is a full-time web designer who teaches on the side.

Going to a company that hosts websites, designs websites, maintains websites, and functions as your Internet Service Provider is probably easier, and is definitely the way to go if money is no object....but be prepared to open your wallet real WIDE.

Hope this helps.

markn.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, I'll play with the links for a while and see what happens or if some other questions pop up.

Looks like we need to retake the pictures of the RatGlide. LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts