V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of the coolest roads I've ridden to date. It's in Western North Carolina. They call it the tail of the dragon. 318 curves in 11 miles. Sparks were flying from my floorboards. Check out the website at

www.tailofthedragon.com

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Been there. It is unbelievable. Bad thing about it we were in the SUV. Both wife and son got sick and my top speed was around 30 mph.:cool:

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Great site sned. That is a very organized site. Just wish those roads were closer.:mad:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome link Sned

Wow! Those look like some great roads. Makes my heart pound just lookin at em. I'm just in to the first few links. Thanks for the reply. Good info.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Roads

Look at Bear Tooth Pass From Cooke City , To Red Lodge . Almost 11,000 ft. and 90 deg. on bottom and 40 deg. on top .

G.G.

·
Registered
386 Posts
The "Tail of the Dragon", HWY 129 from Maryville, TN to Fontana Dam, I promise is the most exciting road you could ever ride. 318 curves in 11 miles doesn't describe the feeling! Some curves you can see your tail light behind you and bikes of all kinds...they're everywhere. You'll never forget it! When you get to Deal's Gap, stop in at the store and get your "I survived..." shirt. It's something you'll be proud to have and to show your friends. If you ride it, be careful. Several people every year don't make it! If you come to ride it, say HI! I live about 30 minutes from the beginning on the TN side. I ride "tail" every chance I get...OK..."Tail of the Dragon!

By the way...watch for bears and I mean the real fuzzy kind. Sometimes they come to the road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts