V-Twin Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
<><
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Shaw_2112, thanks for the Autotrader listings. I just purchased a truck off that list, and I wouldn't have found it without your help. 2000 Ranger XLT with V-6 automatic for $5,500. Can't beat it. Thanks again!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
PR3VS56 said:
Shaw_2112, thanks for the Autotrader listings. I just purchased a truck off that list, and I wouldn't have found it without your help. 2000 Ranger XLT with V-6 automatic for $5,500. Can't beat it. Thanks again!!
Nice truck! Wish my Ranger had that 3rd door.

·
Super Moderator
10,494 Posts
Good choice....I wouldn't trade my Ranger for anything.
The 3.0 liter is known as the cockroach motor. You can't kill it and it will live forever. I'm on a couple ranger forums and there are MANY on there with 200,000+ miles and going strong.
You made a good choice and your truck looks good. If you ever want to know some cheap and easy performance mods let me know.

·
<><
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
vindex1963 said:
Good choice....I wouldn't trade my Ranger for anything.
The 3.0 liter is known as the cockroach motor. You can't kill it and it will live forever. I'm on a couple ranger forums and there are MANY on there with 200,000+ miles and going strong.
You made a good choice and your truck looks good. If you ever want to know some cheap and easy performance mods let me know.
Thanks. It's not BIG on performance, but that's not why I bought it. I may ask you for a few performance ideas down the road.

The ride home on our bumpy California concrete highways left room for improvement. Any suggestions, or is that to be expected?

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Cant go wrong with the Rangers. I sold one with over 250,000 miles on it. The guy still drives it around town today 5 years later and has done nothing major to it. I just bought one for my daughter.

·
<><
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Hey I took the scoot on a piggy back ride to RC Cycles in Hayward yesterday. Performed beautifully.

The rear tire rests right at the rear edge of the bed. If I back it off the front just a smidge it'll roll into the space between the down rear gate and the bed. Tie-downs worked perfectly - one at each corner to the factory tie-down brackets (truck bed).

Used a BlackWidow ramp, which worked like a charm. Nothing insecure about the whole process of riding it up. In fact it was a fun exercise. Backing it off was a breeze as well. I did the 1st gear rear wheel clutch brake thing, but found it was unnecessary. The front brake grips just fine on the grippy ramp.

Truck handling/stability/ride with the bike in back was a non-event. All-in-all it was a great experience. Thanks for all your help and advice on getting this truck!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
excellent! Glad it worked out for ya!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts