V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
07 FLHTCU & 08 1125R
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is time to replace th rear tire on my 07 Ultra... I was wondering if anyone here had good results using tires other than Dunlop... I'm looking at the avons... if you have/had this tire, what kind of miles did you get out of it... thanks for any info...

P.S. I only got 6500 miles from the stock rear tire...

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
HD-DEMON said:
Is time to replace th rear tire on my 07 Ultra... I was wondering if anyone here had good results using tires other than Dunlop... I'm looking at the avons... if you have/had this tire, what kind of miles did you get out of it... thanks for any info...

P.S. I only got 6500 miles from the stock rear tire...
Dunlop E3....love it on the rear of my Ultra.

I got a bit less mileage than you did from my stock tire.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Tire wear

I have come to conclude that tire wear is much more a function of the rider and way he rides and or takes care of his tires than the type or make of tire. I am about to get my 4th rear tire on my 04 EG classic. All have been the stock Dunlop 402 as recommended by HD. The originals got just over 10k with some tread to spare. The 2nd I changed about about 8.5k with substantial tread but changed because of a upcoming long trip. The 3rd back tire has about 15k and needs changing for sure. I watch pressure and keep it at 36# single and 40#double which is most of my miles. plan to order another Dunlop 402 probably today from Ronayers.com. Best price I have found by far.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I had the avon venoms on my heritage and loved em but the indy reccomends the metzler`s for touring bikes not the avons ,I replaced my rear with a 402 dulop on my 07 egc at around 10K one thing you need to consider is changing to a different rear tire IE the avon or metz will require a change of the front also or the handling wont fell right,when my rear needs changing again ill also change the front and probably go to the e-3 or metz or who knows maybe the mechillin?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts