V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,
I'm interested in your picks for Southern California (Orange county and lower) Dyno tuners well versed in SERT.

Primary someone who is well trained, experienced, reliable, and doesn't have a bad attitude.

All input is welcome.

Thanks

TRIX

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
There are several high performance bike shops in So Cal. Take a look at some of the magazines.

Your qualifier about not having a "bad attitude" will seriously limit your possibilities though. Many of 'em could use a few dozen classes in customer relations.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so cal tuners

Ok so the bad attitude is not mandatory.

I'm looking for a tuner/shop who is fairly easy going.
and
be willing to take the time to find out what type of riding i want the bike tuned for. (i.e. touring, horsepower, gas mileage)

I suppose asking for too much.

Ultimatley I'm interested in a kick arse shop that really knows their business and is in the region ( So-Cal)
I'm considering some upgrades and need to get as much input as i can.
don't want to get the $300 dollar dyno print out, and no clue what was done to my bike..

:cheers:

trix

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
Trixboomer said:
Folks,
I'm interested in your picks for Southern California (Orange county and lower) Dyno tuners well versed in SERT.

Primary someone who is well trained, experienced, reliable, and doesn't have a bad attitude.

All input is welcome.

Thanks

TRIX
The two that I can recommend are Danny at Glendale Harley, and Gary at World Thunder Express in Canoga Park. I know these are in the opposite direction of where you are looking, but I can tell you first hand they are top notch tuners.

Good luck.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Trixboomer said:
I'm considering some upgrades and need to get as much input as i can. don't want to get the $300 dollar dyno print out, and no clue what was done to my bike..

:cheers:

trix

I went through this trying to find a good tuner to ensure my bikes jetting was set properly.
After lots of research I have used Speed Performance Plus the last two years when they come to the area. They will be in Arizona at two places in April. Laughlin and the other Arizona run.
These guys do dyno runs all day at these rallies and are certainly experts at it.
After contacting a couple of local shops I wasn't pleased with the we only do dyno's on Saturdays and it will cost you $250 just to put the bike on the lift to our dyno won't accomadate your chopper.
SPP cost about $80 to get the bike up and then some more for the jetting changes. My last one cost me $150 and took about 15 minutes. They know their sh*t!!!!!
http://www.speedsperformanceplus.com/index.php
Later,
Ray

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Hypersports in Oceanside does good work...if you are looking for a Harley only shop then Temecula Motorcycle Works in Temecula (duh) they did mine and I am thrilled with it.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
TRIX,
A little bit north in Pomona is a great shop called Horn Cycle Works, ran by Michelle and Curtis Horn. They have a new Dynojet 250i dyno, tunelinked with Dynojet. No cheating here, just the real numbers. It also has the sniffer to get the correct air/fuel ratio. Your printout will show that, as well as HP/TQ. They did the work on my new Street Glide, great people, and a very clean shop. I don't know how experienced they are with SERT, as they did a PC111usb in my bike. If you have any questions, or would like contact info, email me. Good Luck, BOB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts